Skype Preview // Global hotkeys are now available in Skype for Windows 10!

Available for the store app in the Microsoft Store

Version: 14.42.54.0

In our continued effort to match features our users loved in pervious versions of Skype, we're happy to share that in the latest Skype Insider update, we have global hotkeys available for the store app in the Microsoft store!

You no longer need to bring Skype to the foreground to reject calls, or toggle between muting yourself and unmuting. To reject incoming calls when other applications are in focus, simply use the Ctrl+E shortcut. While in a call, you can use Ctrl+M to toggle between mute and unmute, and use Ctrl+E to end your call. 

These hotkeys will be automatically enable in your updated Insiders build, to disable, you can always turn it off under Settings. 

Soon we'll have a shortcut for answering a call, stay tuned!

Try out these shortcuts and leave us your feedback on your experience. 

The Skype Team 

Forum Article Info

Last updated March 17, 2020 Views 1,417 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Great! I was just about to create  a new reporting post against this hotkey problem with skype8, and eventually read this article. Happy to see it in windows10 version, and waiting for same for skype for desktop. Also, do add the global shortcut to answer the call without focussing the skype window, in both desktop and windows 10 versions.
I'm happy to see you guys working with the community to fix issues with skype, it's my favorite platform and what you're doing will put it back on the radar.

I use desktop version. I hope you made it customizable and not fixed. It was logically with PageUP and PageDown and not with CTRL+E(which is the hotkey for Chrome address bar now).

As it was in v.7, do not make downgrade in functions.

It is so simple to do it, as it was, do not reinventing the wheel please, spare your and our time. You saw it already with Vista, Edge, Millennium, "start menu grids" and another ideas, then you are not hearing, it is not working this way.

That is not what I was asking for. I need a hotkey to open skype main window which is available at Mac and refused for windows users. 
Hate Hate Ny skype Tillbaka skype classic nOw Thack

to have all skype classic hotkeys.

as many are requesting.

thank you

That is not what I was asking for. I need a hotkey to open skype main window which is available at Mac and refused for windows users. 

Yes, this was the most useful hotkeys all the time I used skype classic.

Why MS did it for Mac and not for Windows? I did not get it.

What I need, is for any new version of Skype, to not BOG DOWN a brand new computer, if I try and use it to ever 25% of what I used Classic for.

CAN THAT BE ACCOMPLISHED ANYTIME THIS CENTURY?

Go back to Classic, plenty of links in other threads here! This 8 crap will never work!

Already did, but I keep testing, hoping that they will actually fix the new version. Right now, Version 8 and 10, is about 15% of what it should be and I'm concerned that they are going to completely block Classic from connecting.

At their current development rate, the new version is likely about 5 or 6 years away. They seem more concerned with adding fluff than adding anything that gets the product anywhere close to being usable again.