skype keeps crashing

im using windows 10 and the skype on windows 10 keeps crashing i tried deleting and downloading it again but that didnt work sometimes it works fine but usually it crashes sometimes while im in call and also when im doing nothing.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, anoosh zaidi

Please reset the Skype for Windows 10 (UWP) app on your computer. To reset Skype for Windows 10 app, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Start menu and click Settings.
  2. Click Apps.
  3. Locate and click Skype from the Applications list.
  4. Click Advanced option.
  5. Select Reset.

Let me know the result.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope it didn’t work

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the exact Windows build running on your computer?

I look forward to your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Edition: Windows 10 Home 

Version: 1709

OS build: 16299.15

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response.

Your case needs further investigation, and I suggest you to contact our live chat support for real time assistance. I will send you a private message with the steps on how you can reach them. ​ ​​

Please click the envelope icon at the upper right side of the page to view your Community inbox.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hello there. 

i have the same problems here at the moment. People are not able to call me or doenst see my callings at all. Also, the person here describes the exact same issues i have as i also have the same build. its really anoying when you want to skype with your girlfriend who lives 2000 miles from me cuz of work. it even almost ended up in a break up cuz of the skype problems and keeps crashing. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please,  run the DirectX diagnostics tool.

Go to Windows Start  and in the Run box type dxdiag.exe and press the OK button. This will start the DirectX diagnostics program. Run this diagnostics and save the results to a file.

Since there is no Attachment option yet available on this Forum, you may post the saved file to a File Sharing site (e.g. OneDrive) and provide here a link to this site.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I reinstaalled my windows and it doesnt happen anymore u should do that aswell

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i would rather **** then reinstalling windows over and over again. Windows is from microsoft so they need to fix this.

Some tips for micosoft tho

stop it with useless updates on skype. We like it to call and its futures. But enough is enough.

I'm still having troubles with flashing desktop icons, crashing skype ( while talking with a potentional sponsor for my work and then skype says **** you, ill crash if you like it or not. )

my work is under attack by microsoft and they gonna need to fix this **** ASAP. I'm done with waiting and i'm done with useless reinstallations. 

My problems on my desktop are the following up. 

- flashing desktop icons ( people cried about a compromised admin account. **** ) 

- skype crashes randomly. one time its when someone else answers or when someone sends me a picture or image file. ( no minders or other crap in API )

- windows defender is more like aids then a proper program. Sorry for the word but WTF is your program deleting my ****? i lost several tools to help my friends to major test their website for hacks and attacks and that aids program deleted it all cuz of trojan? trojan my ass. Bye bye 2500 euro worth of software. 

- Windows store does ages to load

- Windows its XBOX future... THEFUQ people? i have sworn on my life i would never make an Xbox account.. and now i'm forced. People deleted me cuz they thought i had a **** XBOX ( who needs that **** console anyways? )

- The windows store itself could use less freemium games. 95% of the games is freemium

All this drama started after the **** cortana update. so useless to have a talking desktop anyways.

Please fix by a mass update. thankyou in advance. 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

still not fixed..

DO something about it microsoft

i would rather **** then reinstalling windows over and over again. Windows is from microsoft so they need to fix this.

Some tips for micosoft tho

stop it with useless updates on skype. We like it to call and its futures. But enough is enough.

I'm still having troubles with flashing desktop icons, crashing skype ( while talking with a potentional sponsor for my work and then skype says **** you, ill crash if you like it or not. )

my work is under attack by microsoft and they gonna need to fix this **** ASAP. I'm done with waiting and i'm done with useless reinstallations. 

My problems on my desktop are the following up. 

- flashing desktop icons ( people cried about a compromised admin account. **** ) 

- skype crashes randomly. one time its when someone else answers or when someone sends me a picture or image file. ( no minders or other crap in API )

- windows defender is more like aids then a proper program. Sorry for the word but WTF is your program deleting my ****? i lost several tools to help my friends to major test their website for hacks and attacks and that aids program deleted it all cuz of trojan? trojan my ass. Bye bye 2500 euro worth of software. 

- Windows store does ages to load

- Windows its XBOX future... THEFUQ people? i have sworn on my life i would never make an Xbox account.. and now i'm forced. People deleted me cuz they thought i had a **** XBOX ( who needs that **** console anyways? )

- The windows store itself could use less freemium games. 95% of the games is freemium

All this drama started after the **** cortana update. so useless to have a talking desktop anyways.

Please fix by a mass update. thankyou in advance. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2023 Views 13,469 Applies to: