Sometimes you need to make a call with someone who doesn’t use Skype (bummer..). We all experience that. Well guess what? With Meet Now you can! This pretty cool feature and more is just in the latest Skype Insider build 8.55. 76.124
Meet Now on Skype: With this new feature you will be able easily set up a call on Skype and share a link to friends, family or colleagues. They don’t even need to have a Skype account to join the call!
Improved photo sharing experience on Android: There are now new options for editing and reviewing photos and videos before sharing them on Skype.
General fixes and improvements
- Brazil timezone is now correctly showing times in the application
- Tray icon on desktop is no longer showing as offline after startup
- Resolved an issue where using "Save as..." for files did not work
- Added support for System Dark Theme detection on Windows 10
- App notarization for MacOS 10.15
Split view mode improvements
- Settings window gets correctly reopened when minimized
- Split view mode is persisted between logins
- Split view can be enabled and disabled in the Appearance settings
- Location sharing in Split view mode now works as expected
Also, if you are an Android user and you have problems with notifications for incoming calls and messages, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app. It should help!
The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon!
Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. And you can always go to Skype’s UserVoice to submit and vote for new features and ideas.
Thank you for all that you do to support Skype!
The Skype Team