Skype Insider Preview // In-call chat panel has moved to the right!

Available on the desktop app for Windows and macOS

Version: 8.40.76.32

We've heard your feedback regarding the positioning of the chat panel while in a Skype call. In our previous versions of Skype 8, the chat panel opened up on the left and prevented you from seeing your lists of conversations at the same time as the chat for the current call. Today, we're excited to announce that the chat panel for the current call will always open up on the right side! We've also made it resizable! 

In your next call, try out the new updated in-call chat panel and let us know how you like it!

Thank you for all that you do to support Skype!

The Skype Team 

Forum Article Info

Last updated April 13, 2019 Views 1,772 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does this mean that we'll be able to resize the contacts sidebar when not in a call?
Not work  background blur for my cam Creative LIVE SINC HD Skype number desktop 8.39.0.180 Please fix it,
When finally the rest of the function is transferred to skype + added sound notifying who is available, you have removed the compact view why? Version: 8.40.76.32 

thanks for the communication.it is a function that I had also requested.I downloaded the new version, but unfortunately the chat panel still opens on the right, and the image on the left.how do I reverse position:chat panel on the left, and image on the right.

can we change the size of the chat panel and also the image size?

thank you for help and answer

restarting the computer now it works.

just resizing images is not easy.

thanks for the improvements.

I can receive calls but I do not have a skype icon and can not make calls.
in skype version 8.40.76.71 the image of your camera can stretch to change the size of the window in the camera why everything remotely microsoft does? I do not like this option, fix it please :(

Yes. This webcam image can now be resized and moved to any location on the call screen. However, the drag and drop to create a split view is no longer available.

How about a "what's new" inside the app, as a text message -  updates are ( very fortunately) coming so rapidly now?

Unsure how I got here when I was looking to contact Skype for help bout changing my Skype user name my husband set up.  Anyone know how to do that?  Change the name?  I want to change mine to lorijeankarasek

Please reply to l******@******.com  Many thanks.

Moderator Note: personal information has been removed. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password or credit card number. 

We should be able to customize where the chat can go. We should be able to move it to the lefr or right. I don’t like this change.