Skype Insider Preview // 8.35.76.65 // Available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Linux, Web & Windows

Hello, Skype Insiders!

We are rolling out new preview builds of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Mac, Linux, Linux Snap, Windows & preview build for Skype Lite for Android 4+ today!

• 8.35.76.65 is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, desktop apps for Mac, Linux & Windows 
  • 8.35.76.65 (store version 14.35.65.0) for Windows 
  • Skype Lite Preview 1.73.76.2 for Android 4+

What´s new in Skype Preview for 8.35.76.65

• Save data and improve your audio call quality by turning off incoming video, learn more here 
  • Possibility to change default file save location: the feature is back based on your feedback on UserVoice! You can test it so far on Linux, Mac & Windows desktop apps

Known issues

• Ongoing call notification on Huawei Mate phones

Check out the current version and please provide us the feedback here in the forums or in the app by (gently) shaking your device or going to Skype → Help and feedback. We can´t wait for your insight!

Thank you for all you do to support Skype.

The Skype Team

Forum Article Info

Last updated July 16, 2019 Views 457 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does that feature apply to Windows, too (NOT speaking of the store app--I see the note about that)?  If so, I'm not seeing it. I guess it makes sense if it wasn't there, since few care about bandwidth on the desktop relative to phone.

I do see "When I receive a file...Save the file to" in this version, which I don't think was there before, but easily could have been. It's getting hard to keep track of what is where.

Hello! The feature should be there as well, we tested it and it looks fine, it´s for all platforms and for all Insiders which are on 8.35.76.xx builds. Can you please try it again or leave us a feedback with logs so we can look at it? And thank you for the second one, I added it in the article, it´s there for sure and it´s new :)
Sarka [Microsoft]

Which part of settings should it be in?  Calling Settings would be the most logical.

Oh, but I wonder if it's not in Settings at all--if it's a dynamic choice on incoming calls?  I can't spontaneously test that right now.

I'm not seeing the save file location feature either, not on Android anyway. Where is it? 

• "Possibility to change default file save location: the feature is back based on your feedback on UserVoice!"

I was referring to not seeing the incoming video setting, but that may be because it's not actually in Settings.

As for file location, I was on Windows, not Android. In that, it's in Skype's Settings/Messaging area.

No it´s not! It´s directly on the call, you can find the option under the plus button when you´re in the call :)
Sarka [Microsoft]

Just a small correction. The latest Insider 8.35.76.65 is available for all Windows 7+ PCs, so Windows 10 should be replaced by just Windows. I have just installed this Preview on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

The new "Download folder" option is in Messaging.

The option to turn off/on the incoming video is only available when on an actual call, and can be activated from the "+" button.

Thanks Ruwim.B. Clear and helpful. I like your way off calling that app Windows 7+. Moderators should use that.....

Moderators: Dare I say, the version confusion continues. Also, I suggest you use Ruwim.B clear example as a way to present the new features. Otherwise, we unnecessarily go round and round until we get it clear. Not a good use of time and effort. Just saying.....I'm getting grumpy, obviously. 

I'm not see the download feature on Android. Yes, I have the new version.

Moderator: you better adjust your note above or get it working. Your choice!

Hello, you can see what is written in the article "Possibility to change default file save location: the feature is back based on your feedback on UserVoice! You can test it so far on Linux, Mac & Windows desktop apps" There isn´t an option for it on Android devices yet :) 
Sarka [Microsoft]