Skype Android not ringing in when tablet is on standby (sleep) I am running latest version of Skype 8.75.0.140 and latest Samsung tablet A7 SmT500

Skype Android not ringing in when tablet is on standby (sleep) I am running latest version of Skype and latest Samsung tablet.

I've reinstalled several times, cleared cache and set all notifications to max.

Once tablet is woken, 80% time it connects. But give it 2 to 3 hours same problem.

Is there a fix for this?

Hi DipakMistry333, my name is Therese`

I'd be glad to assist you with this.

I've been an Android user for a few years now and I can say that this has been an ongoing behavior of Skype for Android. Unfortunately, there is no fix yet.

Since I don't directly work for Microsoft, I can't communicate to them any feedback you have in mind. That being said, you are welcome to send feedback or report this through the application.

1. Open Skype, click or tap your profile photo
2. Click Settings
3. Select Help & Feedback
4. Report a problem or Give feedback
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello DipakMistry33,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

In addition to Therese's response, I would like to suggest as well that you try checking your notifications and app settings if there is an available option for you to draw over apps. This feature in an Android device would help you be notified even if the phone would be on Standby mode. As alternative, you could also try downloading the Skype Preview version and test if the same issue would persist. You may use the following link: https://www.skype.com/en/insider/ 

Let us know if you have further questions or clarifications.

Benjie_C
Skype Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you - I have done this now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you - I will try those suggestions. I have updated the "Appear on top" in the Samsung settings so ONLY skype is turned on and will see if that has solved the problem.

If not - I will then try Skype Preview - as you suggest.

Hope to let you know later this week and thanks for responding to my enquiry.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi @benjie_c and @therese' After extensive testing I can confirm that even preview does not work properly. There is 70% chance that if the tablet has been activated in the day at some point then Skype will call thorough but this is not guaranteed. If left for over 3 hours in standby, the tablet does not always wake when being called. It definitely does not wake if left overnight.

My folks are still using the older version of Skype on an old Samsung tablet and that is currently working.

I hope MS can sort this out because not everyone - like my folks who are in their 80's , dont speak or read english are unable to read any updates or cant tell if anyone has tried to call because they cant read the alerts that skype might leave. We've tried changing the language option but again, having not used technology before, they don't understand single word alerts - or they don't translate well such as 'accept' or 'next' or 'settings' .

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2023 Views 430 Applies to: