Screen Sharing with Videos

I was Skyping with a friend of mine and we were trying to watch videos together, like Netflix or Disney plus via the screen share option. Anytime I tried to play a video/movie, the sound would come through perfectly but the video, on the screen, was black for both of us. We could both see everything else like the controls for the video or the browser. I am using a Mac and he was using Windows. 
Hi Jordan,

Is this happening to a specific contact? Also, what is the exact version number of Skype installed on your device? In Skype, tap your profile picture > Settings > Help & Feedback

I recommend to try with a different contact and see if the issue persists.

Regards,
Therese`
Skype user and Independent Advisor
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was just thinking the same thing, so I did some trial and error to figure it out. The Netflix app will not show video, probably something to do with Netflix not wanting people to share with too many people. You can; however, work around this by downloading Netflix Party, which allows you to send a link, so you host the account, and they can watch it by using the link. Another way is to simply search Netflix on whatever browser you are using, and screen share it. Netflix doesn't have visuals blocked this way. I have not tried with Disney+ yet, hoping to try it out soon.

This was for Microsoft Teams. I assume it will be the same for Skype and other apps.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2024 Views 6,202 Applies to: