Release Notes for Skype 8.58

The latest Skype version 8.58 is out. There are cool new features in this release like making it easier to delete contacts and share things to Skype from your desktop. You asked, we delivered!

Skype for Windows, Mac, Linux, Web, Android, iPhone and iPad

• I don't even know that guy: Time for some spring cleaning! You can now delete a contact from your contact list
  • Share all the things: Found a thing on your computer you want to share? You can now share directly on Windows, and Linux and soon on Mac, too! 
    Bug fixes and stability improvements. We've hunted down a few bugs and cleaned up the place a bit. 

Skype for Android, iPhone and iPad 

• I don't even know that guy: Time for some spring cleaning! You can now delete a contact from your contact list
  • Bug fixes and stability improvements. We've hunted down a few bugs and cleaned up the place a bit. 

What’s fixed? 

• Caption language list displays correctly. 
  • Signing in to Skype on mobile when using an eSim card.

The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon!

Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. And you can always go to Skype’s User Voice to submit and vote for new features and ideas.  You might also want to check out the known issues.

Thank you for all that you do to support Skype!

The Skype Team 

I thought I was losing my mind, but I checked, and the "delete a contact" feature was announced with 8.57 some weeks ago. But I never saw the feature and still don't, even with 8.59 Preview. I'm going to assume that there was an issue with it and that the clock starts again as of now in terms of the roll-out. Right?

The "Share" feature really should have been accompanied by an option to disable it. Divisive features always should. A few classic examples:

• "React to this message" icons on every single received message. :(:(:(:(:(
  • Hijacking some words as you write on the assumption that you want to insert an emoji. Try typing (fail) as an example. Fail.
  • Mandatory spellcheck (I like spellcheck, but I'd disable it if it meant never seeing URLs spellchecked again--there's never a reason to spellcheck a URL).

Hey guys, what's your development status for Skype on Xbox One? Do you still actively develop it?

Thank you in advance!

Discussion Info

Last updated June 9, 2020 Views 3,546 Applies to: