Old Skype Accounts BEFORE Microsoft...

So as per subject, I have two previous skype accounts that existed before microsoft integrated it. Yet when I tried to log in, it ended up logging me into my live account which I never used for either of my two previous accounts. SO my contact lists and conversations did not pop up like I would have had. I came to the forums but a lot of the people who posted similar subjects have links that don't work anymore, or the options don't exist, or the processes don't work anymore. I HAVE the usernames and passwords to log in from the original skype accounts. All I want is my old accounts back with all my contacts. (At this point, if I can get them back, it will be 3 accounts, oh boy!) But because I've been away so long, I don't even know if the accounts exist anymore. Thanks for reading this.

All old Skype accounts are Microsoft accounts. Visit account.microsoft.com and sign in using your old Skype name(s). If you are currently signed in with another Microsoft account by its email address or phone number, sign out from that page. Once you sign out, sign back in using the old Skype name(s). Do that for all your accounts. If you have never signed back in since the migration you will be forced to create a new Microsoft email address to bind it to your account.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

All old Skype accounts are Microsoft accounts. Visit account.microsoft.com and sign in using your old Skype name(s). If you are currently signed in with another Microsoft account by its email address or phone number, sign out from that page. Once you sign out, sign back in using the old Skype name(s). Do that for all your accounts. If you have never signed back in since the migration you will be forced to create a new Microsoft email address to bind it to your account.

sooooo does that mean the old accounts are deleted then and can't get them back at all? cause if its deleted, im a little sad, but i just wanna know if it is gone-gone and not "oh you can still get it back".

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did not mention anything about deletions in my response. Accounts are only deleted if they are inactive for several years or if abuse is involved. All I suggested you do is sign in with your Skype name. If it is a legacy Skype name with no live:prefix, you will be able to sign in by name. Only if it states the account does not exist does that equate to the account being deleted or a typo on your part. If the old Skype name had a live:prefix email address then it would already be associated with a Microsoft email address or phone number. All you need to do is sign in with that email address or phone number to manage that live:prefixed Skype account. If the account is deleted, you would not be able to regain access.

To clarify my last sentence in my last response all older accounts that were created using external email addresses are forced to create a Microsoft email address (live, outlook, hotmail) if that account is still active. This is because all Microsoft accounts eventually need a Microsoft email address to be fully manageable including phone number created accounts. This action does not do anything to any existing email addresses associated with the Skype account. However, it would be wise to go to the security section of your account on account.microsoft.com to ensure your external email addresses are all on file for recovery purposes.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did not mention anything about deletions in my response. Accounts are only deleted if they are inactive for several years or if abuse is involved. All I suggested you do is sign in with your Skype name. If it is a legacy Skype name with no live:prefix, you will be able to sign in by name. Only if it states the account does not exist does that equate to the account being deleted or a typo on your part. If the old Skype name had a live:prefix email address then it would already be associated with a Microsoft email address or phone number. All you need to do is sign in with that email address or phone number to manage that live:prefixed Skype account. If the account is deleted, you would not be able to regain access.

To clarify my last sentence in my last response all older accounts that were created using external email addresses are forced to create a Microsoft email address (live, outlook, hotmail) if that account is still active. This is because all Microsoft accounts eventually need a Microsoft email address to be fully manageable including phone number created accounts. This action does not do anything to any existing email addresses associated with the Skype account. However, it would be wise to go to the security section of your account on account.microsoft.com to ensure your external email addresses are all on file for recovery purposes.

well thats the thing. it had a legacy name, no email as the username. the two first accounts were attached to my yahoo account for recovery only. every time i try logging in using the old username and passwords, i get the standard, username and password are incorrect even if im logged out of my microsoft account.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you do not receive an error that the account does not exist then the account still exists. Since you are receiving a password error, what you recall does not currently match what is on file. You will need to reset your password. Have you tried resetting your password of the accounts you cannot sign into? You should have a forgot password or possibly even an email code option. Either option should allow you to reset your password assuming the email address you provide matches with what is on file.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 3,135 Applies to: