My Skype account keep being charged $10, but there are no transactions shown in my purchase history. What should I do?

My Skype account keep being charged $10, but there are no transactions shown in my purchase history. What should I do?
Hi David,

My name is Therese, an Independent Advisor.

I am sorry for this experience. If you're signed into Skype but can't find your subscription or an option to cancel it, you probably signed in to a different account than you intended to. To better help you, can you please confirm the following:

1. Go to your purchase history https://secure.skype.com/wallet/account/orders do you see a calling subscription or a Skype Number subscription?

2. Please go here: https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile
Can you please confirm that your Skype Name (not profile name) is correct?

3. Did you receive an email of the order confirmation from Skype? Can you please check if the Skype name referenced in the email is the same as the account you're currently signed in to?
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Therese

Nice of you to get back to me--thank you. I have just been online with Microsoft. It turns out, for reasons that no-one can identify, my purchases weren't being displayed on my web page.

Beyond that, it also turns out that the tools provided do not make it easy for me or the help desk operators to understand why there has been a sudden increase in the number of $10 auto recharges, when my pattern of calling has remained constant. That's disappointing, and I don't want to be uncharitable but I suspect Microsoft may wish such obfuscation to get in the way of call charge analysis.

My overall conclusion is that I may well be better off investigating an alternative phone system, and in particular Google Voice or whatever it's called. Perhaps the charges will end up being cheaper there, plus they have the nice call recognition.

All the best

David

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What you describe and have experienced does not make any sense to me. I hope you were actually speaking to Skype Customer Support over live chat and not someone else. They should have explained how to view your purchase history and usage to view your charges and consumption. The only time I have noticed purchases not showing up is if those missing purchases were made under a different account. If you actually see all those purchases and you are inquiring about credit consumption, your usage will display that consumption. If you are making similar calls every month for the same duration, and your credit consumption has increased, that is because the rate likely increased or several calls were made to higher cost numbers (special, premium, shared cost, and non-geographic). Rates can be verified by analysing your usage or checking the Skype credit/subscription pages for existing or changing rates. When rates are in the process of changing they are generally posted early, somewhere around 1 month or so in advance, with a side by side comparison of the old and new price. 

How individual charges are calculated:

Current Rate x how many minutes (rounded up to the next whole minute) + connection fee = charge (rounded up to next whole cent)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi David, I apologize for the late response.

As a Skype user myself, I understand that this can be frustrating. But, if you have contacted the Skype support team, they should be able to guide you on how to see and understand your purchases and usages.

There are a lot of fake websites pretending they work for Microsoft to get information from other users or even ask for payments. Please use this link and try contacting them again:

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

You may experience a longer wait time due to the COVID-19 situation.
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2021 Views 205 Applies to: