Linking Skype with Invoke

Skype somehow got unlinked as a service on my Invoke smart speaker. I am trying to rellink Skype with Cortana so I can make outgoing calls.  As instructed, I am using the Cortana app on my iPhone to make the connection again.  However, after signing in successfully, I cannot complete the last step in the process ("By syncing Cortana with your Skype account, . .) ..  When I hit agree, the progress circle completes its cycle, but then nothing else happens.  I was expecting either the next step or confirmation of linkage.  Can someone help with this issue?  Thanks.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello LLuu129 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I would like to ask if you could provide a screenshot of the exact screen you are seeing when you are setting up Cortana with Skype. This is for us to further investigate what is causing the issue on your device. I would also like to suggest to download and install Skype Preview in your device to test and check if you would experience the same issue. You may use this link to download the preview version on your iOS device: https://go.skype.com/ios.preview

I look forward to your update.

Benjie_C
Skype Community Moderator

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I uploaded a short video to youtube that shows the issue (see URL below).  The issue occurs with Windows 10 and the Cortana app for iPhone.  I look forward to any advice you can provide.  Thanks.

https://youtu.be/R4qM8udkjoI

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello LLuu129 ,

Thank you for your response.

We have reviewed the video you uploaded and I will be forwarding the case to our engineering team. This is for them to further investigate what may be causing the issue you are experiencing. I shall be sending you another reply to this thread once I get the updates from the team.

Should you have other inquiries or clarifications, please do not hesitate to respond back.

Benjie_C

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello LLuu129 ,

Thank you for your response!

We have an update from our engineering team and they have started the investigation of the issue you are experiencing with Skype on Invoke. They are in need of additional information from your account, thus it would be best that we continue this via private message. I sent you one which you may view through your inbox using this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox?tm=1577104508610

I look forward to your reply.

Benjie_C

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Benjie_C,

I am having the same problem with Skype not linking to Cortana as LLuu129.  However, I am using the Android app on a Galaxy Note 8.  I've also tried to link Skype with the Cortana app on my Windows 10 desktop computer as well as my Surface Pro 3. I follow the steps in Notebook, but when I click on "Agree," nothing happens.

I have a friend who is also having the same issue with Skype and Cortana not linking. 

Here's hoping the engineers resolve this problem as I miss making Skype calls on my Invoke speaker.

Thanks,

pipelinenightmare

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Integration of Cortana with Skype is no longer available.

https://wicnews.com/science-tech/microsoft-shutting-cortana-app-ios-android-014023442/

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12091/why-are-some-features-not-available-in-skype-anymore

Neither of those links mentions Cortana linking with Skype. Cortana is only mentioned twice.

Cortana Suggestions: A feature that made suggestions during a Skype chat, such as smart replies or emoticons to share in your conversations.

- This has nothing to do with the Invoke.

Cortana bot: A cloud-based personal assistant that allowed users to set tasks or find information such as restaurants or movie times in Skype. 

- Again, this has nothing to do with the Invoke, or Calling with Cortana

Also Phone is only mentioned once and that also has nothing to do with Making Calls on the Invoke.

SMS Connect: A feature that allowed users to pair their Android phone with their Windows PC or Mac to send and receive text messages from their desktop.

The Invoke never could send Texts or Skype Messages. This also only applies to Androids, not Windows Phones or iPhones (And how does this effect PC?).

And as for the first link, that only applies to Android and IOS Cortana outside the USA. This has no effect on Windows Phone or PC, or Android and iPhones in the USA.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here are some screenshots from Windows 10 Mobile 1709:

This what I first see (after typing in everything).

Now I click Agree

The circle goes away and I see the first screenshot again. It's a cycle of clicking agree and circle spins for a second then gone and clicking agree again...

I also noticed this very important text after clicking agree a bunch of times.

Here is a clearer view of the text that's more readable (I clicked cancel instead of agree to close that menu and the dim effect on the background.

Now what does this supposed to mean? An outage? Is Skype the issue? Is Cortana? The Cloud?

All we want is clarity, it's not supposed to be hard. If Microsoft dropped support for the Invoke just say so.

Also this is the link that's supposed to be helpful, which involves Cortana and Calling with a Speaker but nothing about it ending or any changes are there.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34776/how-do-i-use-skype-with-my-speaker

Sorry this didn't help.

have the same issue any luck solving it

Sorry this didn't help.

mine wont link using my windows 10 laptop so it a further issue

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2020 Views 217 Applies to: