How to sign in in 2 Skype accounts at the same time?

Hi! I have already done all the steps in this article:

"How can I run multiple Skype accounts at the same time? It’s possible to run more than one Skype account on your computer at the same time. This might be useful if you have, for example, a Skype account you use for work and another account just for personal use. If you want to be signed in to both accounts at the same time, you need to start a new instance of Skype."

My question is, how do I sign in now in both accounts?  When you say "you need to start a new instance of Skype", do you mean to say that I need to uninstall my current Skype application and re-install it?  If I do, do I take it I need to re-do all actions in making a desktop shortcuts adding a /secondary on the properties?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Please do respond.

Thank you so much.

Answer
Answer

With the classic Skype for Windows Desktop (version 7.X) you can run as many as you wish Skype accounts at the same time without installing new Skype client.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA829/how-can-i-run-multiple-skype-accounts-at-the-same-time

If you have created a new desktop shortcut with the extra "/secondary" switch, then each time you press this shortcut, a new sign in screen will open and you will be able to login and start new Skype instance with this account.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 5,006 Applies to: