How to delete your Skype account without deleting your Microsoft account, unable to unlink Microsoft account?

How to delete your Skype account without deleting your Microsoft account, unable to unlink your Microsoft account?

Under one Microsoft Account Accidently I had created 02 Skype Account, Now I face a problem logging in to claim my user name. So I want to delete the one Skpye Account but unfortunately, I am not as it asking to delete my Microsoft account. 

Hi Mohammad,

I'm Donata, an independent advisor. To delete a Skype account you need to delete your Microsoft account. As a result, you cannot access the other related services (such as e-mail). In other words, it is not possible to delete the Skype account while keeping the Microsoft account active, as Skype is one of the services associated with the Microsoft account.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA142

Alternatively, you can hide the Skype profile from the search results, without deleting the Microsoft account.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34813

Kind regards.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Donata 

I have gone through this article in the community but I don't find any such option, have a look

In order for you to delete your Skype account without deleting your Microsoft account, you need to unlink your Microsoft account first.

(Disclaimer: It will take some time before the Skype account will be removed from the database.)

If the accounts are successfully unlinked, a confirmation message will be displayed at the top of the page. The unlinked account ID will be removed from the Skype Account Profile page.

If you created a new Skype account when you first signed in to Skype with your Microsoft account and you decide to unlink your Skype and Microsoft accounts, you’ll lose all the Skype products you purchased for that account. If you have any Skype Credit or a subscription left, you may want to use it up before unlinking your accounts. We also recommend that you back up all contacts you added to that Skype account.

To unlink your Skype and Microsoft account, kindly follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. In the Account details section, click Account Settings.
  3. In the Linked accounts section, click Unlink next to your Microsoft account ID.

A message appears telling you what to expect when you unlink your Skype ID from a Microsoft account. Read the information and if you agree, select Close account.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skype_accountms-skype_setupms/deleting-skype-account/e696c287-0bf1-4359-94f4-d811c0748544

Agent Name is:- Rose Ter Microsoft Agent Moderator he answered on Replied on September 26, 2016

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please, pay attention to the date this post was created (9/26/2016).

About 5 years ago it was indeed possible to unlink Skype and Microsoft accounts. This feature is no longer available.

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mohammad, that thread is old. Today it is no longer possible to delete only the Skype profile while keeping the Microsoft account. See the article I indicated earlier: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA142

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 32,663 Applies to: