How to delete skype account permanently?

How to delete skype account permanently? if I lost password for that account.

One of my friends forgot password of Skype and tried to reset it but she found that the email for recovery was not her email id so she need to close the account to prohibit miss use of that account. Is there any way to deactivate the account?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2020 Views 22,995 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi SatishDangol

The first step to account closure is having access to the account/s you wish to close. Once you confirm access, you can proceed with closing the account by following the detailed guide provided on this support link. How do I close my Skype account?

In the instance where the user has lost or does not have access to the account and its associated security info, the user needs to manually recover the account by passing the account verification form. After the account has been recovered, you can proceed with closing it but be reminded that closing your Skype account will close its associated Microsoft account as well, that is why we advise users to read through the given link above before proceeding.

Once the account has been marked for closure, there will be a 60-day waiting period before it is completely removed from Skype's directory. During this period, the account is still searchable in the directory but is considered active.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Danida_U
Skype Community Moderator

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.