How To Change/Remove Skype Name or Unlink From Live Account?

Story:

Years ago my wife signed up for a Skype account. Little did she realize the computer was logged in to live.com as ME.

Now, for the first time, I need to use my Skype account.  The skype name, which is visible and searchable is my wife's name.  How do I repair this?

1. I can't disable/delete my Live and Outlook accounts. I use them for everything else.

2. The Skype admin won't let me unlink my Microsoft account, even though the Skype account was obviously created with a Skype Name; according to MS, this is how you even get a Skype Name in the first place, and if you do it that way you should be able to unlink.

3. I have changed every Skype account property, including primary email, to represent my wife's MS Live information.  For whatever reason this doesn't do anything - the account still appears in MY live.com and is still unaware of her Live account and her Live account seems to have a life of its own on Skype.

I just need the Skype account either gone (so I can recreate it) OR the Skype Name gone, but I DON'T want my Live/Outlook accounts deleted.  I couldn't care less about my wife's Skype conversation history.

I can't be the only person on earth who has dealt with this.  It's pretty basic.

Help?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 2,099 Applies to: