How I can get to know my skype login if I only know cid

I have a problem, I registered MS account and was logged in skype. When I realized its not my old skype, I logged out, but now I cannot login back, I need to see the chat history.
I do not know MS email, or phone, 

Only thing what I know is CID live:.cid.5f6ab685f69d09e

How I can login?

Hi Nais! I'm Therese, a Skype Independent Adviser and consumer of Microsoft products here to assist you.

I am sorry if you are experiencing this, let me help you. Just so you know, there are three ways to log in to Skype - all depends how you created your Skype account:

1. Your old custom Skype name (not your email address).
2. Your email address (assigned a live: or live:cid prefix alphanumeric Skype name)
3. Your phone number (assigned a live:cid prefix alphanumeric Skype name)

To know if you have multiple Skype accounts associated with your email address/phone number, I highly recommend to follow the instructions below "I forgot my user name for Skype" in this article: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA109/

Note: This process is not applicable if the email address/phone number you used to create your Skype account is no longer accessible.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to send a reply.

Kind regards,
Therese`
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The thing is I do not know how I registered, so I cannot access phone or email.

The only thing I know about this account is live:.cid.5f6ab685f69d09e because my coworker checked chat old chat with that account in witch I do not know how to login.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If the email address/phone used to create a Skype account is no longer accessible, the only way to recover your Skype account is through the account recovery form. Link here: https://account.live.com/acsr

I also recommend to visit this article to know more about the recovery process: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/17875/...
T,

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I enter [PII removed] it says please enter valdid email or phone, or username, but I do not know them ;(

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The live:.cid Skype Name holder cannot be used to sign in. You have to use the email address or phone number you used to create the account. But since you mentioned that you have forgotten which email/phone you've used, the only option to access the account is to recover it by following the instructions I sent from my previous reply.
T,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Searching for your Skype ID ("live:.cid.5f6ab685f69d09e"), displays this profile (registered in Latvia).

Can you recognize the name "Ivita NAI_S"?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I know this name, this is my profile, but I do not remember with what email I registered it. ;(

Can you see the email?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi NAIS Import,

The best suggestion we can provide for this kind of scenario is for you to continue remembering the email address or phone number associated to your profile by following the steps here: 

1.  Go to the Skype sign in page.
  2. Select More sign-in options.
  3. Select Forgot my username.
  4. You'll be asked to either enter a phone number or an alternate email associated with your Microsoft account.
  5. We'll send a security code to the phone number or email you used. Enter the code and select Next.
  6. We'll show you any accounts associated with the phone number or email you provided. We will hide part of the username for security reasons. When you see the account you're looking for, select Sign in.

So you need to manually type all of the email addresses or phone numbers that you can think of that you might have used to sign up for Skype. Community Moderators do not have direct access to your profile thus the information that you're looking for isn't available from their end. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 3,710 Applies to: