How do I delete my ENTIRE list of Skype Contacts.

Skype version: 8.61.0.87

Application version: 15.61.87.0

From day ONE, and I have been using Skype for so long I can't remember, I have had like 6 people that I wish to have on my Skype list.

Over the years you guys have merged my entire list of Hotmail contacts, and everyone I never wanted to hear from into the list. And over the years I have been struggling with how to get my list back to SIX.

I have hit my boiling point with the version that just "updated" itself.

Because it told me to "manage my list of contacts" I should go to Contact Settings. When I go there, there is no way to delete the contacts. I have right clicked before, MANY TIMES to individually clear the list of HUNDREDS of contacts that show up, because I could never find the way to delete multiple contacts or filter out ONLY the contacts I wish to see.

I don't want to only see my active contacts, I WANT ALL OF THEM GONE, with only six remaining. And they continue to re populate.

QUESTIONS:

1. How do I delete ALL of them at once. And only leave behind the 6 I want?
  2. How do I empty the RECENT CHATS list that contains hundreds of chats going back to 2016. I don't want that information displayed I want it gone.
  3. how do I delete the RECENT CALLS list? Same thing it is miles long and I do not want that information located anywhere, I want it erased.

If I sound frustrated I AM, this is basic functionality that is impossible to find the answers to without coming to a forum. These options should be easy to discover. 

Thanks.. JF

Hi JF! My name is Therese, an Independent Advisor.

I am very sorry, but all these three aren't yet supported in Skype.

Deleting contacts, recent chats and calls all at once is not yet supported in Skype.

This has been the most asked question here in the community. You are welcome to suggest this feature through the application. In Skype, click the 3 dots (...) > Help & Feedback > Suggest a feature or write in Skype UserVoice: https://skype.uservoice.com/
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

FOR ANYONE COMING ACROSS THIS THREAD. IT IS THE YEAR 2020 AND THIS IS THE ANSWER I GET.

"Deleting contacts, recent chats and calls all at once is not yet supported in Skype."

What the F is going on at this company.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After reading this thread and a few others now it's clear contact management in Skype is an utter mess.

I made a thread (link below) asking why in Outlook when I only have 2 contacts is my Skype contacts list is full of people I used to chat to on MSN years ago. Where has this information come from? If I can't see it and manage it, why do Microsoft still have it? Where is it stored?

Despite help answers being provided to others my thread has been ignored.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/where-do-skype-contacts-come-from/5f03160a-3825-4353-bc33-d3d1164a4a90

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea, so frustrating, its clear that they have started all over again with Skype again or something.

I mean contacts, how hard is it? Incredible. Anyway, the Twitter guys @skype said go to "User Voice" and vote.

https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-welcome-to-skype-ideas?query=contacts

To think basic contact management needs to be in the suggestion box is beyond me at this point. Nothing makes sense any more, I voted, but honestly, I think I have been in and out of Skype suggestions since they bought the damn thing.

If I could dial all the way back to freaking ICQ at this point. I like Skype I don't want to give up on these guys, but they make it so f-ing hard sometimes.

JF

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 533 Applies to: