How can I adjust settings for Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam?

Hi, I'm using Windows 10 with Skype (version 8.54.0.91), and I'm struggling to find a way to control the settings on my Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam. Specifically, I need to be able to zoom in.

The webcam fundamentally works fine with Skype, but Skype itself offers no ability to adjust the settings - the "Audio and video" panel just shows the preview. I've tried Logitech G-HUB (the zoom worked on preview most of the time, but then reverted to the default on a live call), Logitech Gaming Software (allowed me to zoom, but cut out as soon as Skype was launched) and Logitech Webcam Software (didn't recognise the webcam).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help much appreciated! Thanks.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Webcam settings option is not available with Skype for Windows 10 App (Skype version 8.54.091/Application version 14.54.91.0), but is available with Skype for Desktop application.

The currently latest Skype for Desktop 8.55.0.135 version can be downloaded using this direct download link:

https://download.skype.com/s4l/download/win/Skype-8.55.0.135.exe

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Ruwim, I have installed Skype for Desktop 8.55.0.135 as you said. I can now see the webcam settings. The tab "Video Proc Amp" has a range of settings that work, which is good. But the "Camera Control" settings (which includes zoom) have no effect in Skype. The zoom level in Skype remains at its default setting even when set to 500%. Is is possible to resolve this?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, there are no other options available on Skype beside of what is provided by the webcam driver. I have c920 installed on a Windows 7 computer, and here the zoom works, albeit only with two levels.

As far as I can see, Logitech is no longer providing dedicated Windows 10 drivers for this c920 webcam.

3 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi 

In my opinion Logitech makes really good hardware…..but there drivers and software …..let’s say there is room for improvement :)

1. Use the desktop version of Skype ….so you at least get the camera settings

2. Uninstall ALL Logitech software

3. Disconnect the cam 
4. Uninstall ALL the drivers for the cam (I got 4….. A cam or capturing devise*, B. Sound- video- and…. * C. sound recording and sound play back* D. USB)
5. Reboot 
6. Download and install the old Logitech webcam software (it seems that it’s not under downloads for the C920 any longer ….go figure!!!!!!) but here is a link to the LWS 2.80 at the bottom of the page:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023206274

(Logitech seems to move around the download location of the software a lot, but at least it worked for me a few min ago)

7. don't connect the cam until your told by the program

8. reboot

That will install the older cam drivers that works (13.80.853.0)  and it makes Skype remember all cam settings! and for example zoom work.

You will also get a lot finer adjustment of the Exposure (except for the obvious, lighter and darker video) it also control the F/S  in (5 F/S increments) and since Skype 8.x needs at least 20-25 F/S preferably 30 F/S to ramp up to 720P, it is a whole lot better then the generic Windows drivers, where the Exposure jump from (something like 5 F/S to over 30 F/S) meaning  that it will NOT ramp up to 720P or you  get a really dark video even in very well light rooms

And whatever you do...don’t upgrade the drivers :)

*Might got lost in translation ….My PC speak Swedish :)  

10 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi hgwhgw,

Many thanks for your detailed response! I did what you said (the drivers I could find for it were under 'Imaging devices' and 'Sound, video and game controllers, but not the other two). I downloaded LWS 2.80 but on attaching the camera it gave me an error message:

I skipped and installed anyway, but the software (either on its own or through the Skype interface) didn't allow the zoom etc. to be changed. You can move the slider, but it has no effect (and you can see 'Auto' is greyed-out):

Do you have any suggestions, or is this the end of the road? Many thanks for your help.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you sure you have a C920 and not another model like a C922 or a C920s? Other models might only work with the UVC drivers or possibly might work, if forced. Do you see the drivers as an option when you perform an update driver - browse - let me pick...? 

After let me pick...., if you perform a have disk and browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\logishrd\DriverStore\PRO564, do the drivers show up?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Techfreak, Thanks so much for your advice. I've done as you suggested, and I have the following drivers at C:\Program Files\Common Files\logishrd\DriverStore\PRO564

Which one of these should I use (if any?).

One thing I've spotted with the LWS that's now on my system is that it seems to be the v2.51 not v2.80. Can't understand why this is, because I definitely downloaded and ran lws280.exe.

Regards, DJB11

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

See if any of this helps

Edit:

Sorry I forgot to ask, did you uninstall all Logitech software?.......because they tend to "update" the drivers to generic drivers.

1. here are the driver location

2.don't worry about the version  of the LWS  ....like I sad there room for improvement when it comes to Logitech software :) ...I got the same ver. nr.  

3. Here is the settings I got 

If it don't work after deleting all the drivers  and doing it all over again .....it is probably like  techfreak wrote that you got some never version of the C920 

here is the info about my C920:

Good luck 

3 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

It will depend on your hardware, though you should be able select any and it will check them all.

If you check device manger, what is the hardware ID of your camera?  

Logitech/LogiCool:

USB\VID_046D&PID_082D (C920)

Mine matches hgwhgw's. However, 

USB\VID_046D&PID_0834 (C920) is also acceptable.

USB\VID_046D&PID_085C is not (C922)

USB\VID_046D&PID_0843 is not (C930e)

I have no idea what the id of a C920s is.  If it is the same as a C920 with a physical shutter, it would match the one's I listed.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Has anyone solved this?

The newer C920s have a different hardware ID (0982) and this is making the webcam incompatible with the older and newer webcam controllers from Logitech.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2021 Views 124,441 Applies to: