Google Chrome history showed I visited login.skype.com at a time I was asleep and the internet was disconnected

How is this possible if I was asleep and the internet disconnected? Has my computer been hacked? I was also not logged into my google account.

Hi there englishbulldog802

We do not completely know why your browsing history showed a visit to the Skype website while you were asleep and there isn't an Internet connection. Do you have other house members that could have used your computer at that time? If so, have you asked them if they tried visiting the site at that time?

It is impossible for Skype to manually reload the website without anyone navigating it. I am not saying that your device might or might not be at risk, but it will be a good measure to run a full scan of malware just to check that no virus has infected your device. Also, I advise that you double check your account/s and see if anything has changed from the last time you logged in. 

For your Microsoft account, you can set up two-step verification for added security. See full details here

If you have other inquiries, please let me know by posting back in this thread. 

Thanks!

Danida_U

Danida_U
Skype Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, no one else uses my computer. I didn't notice anything suspicous on my account. I have also noticed in my history not just login.skype.com, but login.live.com. I do use xbox.com a lot, and login.live.com appears when I refresh a page sometimes, but these are at times when the computer is disconnected from the internet. Only skype and xbox websites beginning with 'login' show up in the history at times when I am asleep and disconnected from the internet. 

I have many tabs open on my Chrome, I'm a bit cluttered like that, I went through all of them, there are a lot of xbox.com tabs open, and some skype tabs. These tabs might have been around for ages. So is it possible that during the night chrome tried refreshing them or something and that's why this appeared in the history? But the internet was disconnected so I don't understand.

Or do you think I've been infected with a remote access trojan?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 751 Applies to: