Cannot log in to skype account

When I boot up skype on my macbook I got a message saying "you have been logged out for security reasons" which gives me the option to sign in again. I click my profile and enter my password and it says that the account does not exist.

It confuses me because I can see my initial profile picture on the log in screen but as soon as I enter the password I get this error.

I am unable to try to log in through mobile or other methods and I have checked my old emails when I have contacted people and told them my skype name to make sure it is the correct one.

I last used skype about 6 months ago and am wondering if my account was hacked or something - I had to make a new account just to create this support ticket.

I am really worried my account has been compromised and need to access my old conversations - how would be the best way to go about recovering this old account?

The problem happens on Mobile, Web, and OSX - it happens when I try to type the username from scratch or when I try to select the profile as shown in the image below.

Hello ChrisGrimshaw-Jones ,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I sent you a private message as this would be effective and to protect your security as I will be needing sensitive information such as your Skype Name and the email address you have used in signing in to Skype before this happened. You should be able to view the message I sent using this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox?tm=1548797195431

I am looking forward to your reply.

Benjie_C
Skype Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 542 Applies to: