Cannot find skype.exe

I can put Skype on m y taskbar, but I want a shortcut in a folder that holds all communication shortcuts (Zoom, Skype etc.).

Where is the Skype programme located./ I have looked in C:/programmes, C:/programmes(x86), and users/me/appdata but cannot find it.

Many thanks 

Tog

Answer
Answer

If you don't see Skype.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop\ folder, then this means that you don't have Skype for Desktop installed, but have Skype for Windows 10 App from Microsoft Store installed.

The Store App is installed in this path:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

The exact name of the folder will change with the version number of the application. With the currently latest Application version 15.65.78.0, this folder will have this name.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_15.65.78.0_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c\Skype

However, because this is a Store App, a desktop shortcut will not work the same way as for Desktop applications.

You can instead install the currently latest Skype for Desktop 8.65.0.78 version using this direct link:

https://download.skype.com/s4l/download/win/Skype-8.65.0.78.exe

This Skype for Desktop application will be installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop\ folder

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 3,276 Applies to: