Audio Crackling When Discord Is Open

I have had this issue for about a year but its getting worse every week. This issue only occurs when discord is running and no time else. This also only happens on one of my computers, both running windows 11, with the same headset. Whatever audio that comes from my headset is full of static, crackling and popping noises. As soon as I close discord this issue stops which is what is so strange. I dont know what could be causing it but its only on this pc so I assume its something with my windows settings. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and was able to fix it. I tried other usb ports, usb hub, but nothing fixes it sound issues besides closing discord. I use discord to talk to all my friends and the crackling is so annoying that it becomes impossible to talk or watch videos with it open. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Could you, please, explain why you are asking a question about the Discord application on the Skype Community site?

If you have an issue with Discord, then you should post on the Discord Help site.

Discord

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mainly asking about what settings to change because it happens with skype aswell, but discord was not an option to choose.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please,  run the DirectX diagnostics tool.

Go to Windows Start  and in the Run box type dxdiag.exe and press the OK button. This will start the DirectX diagnostics program. Run this diagnostics and save the results to a file.

Since there is no Attachment option yet available on this Forum, you may post the saved file to a File Sharing site (e.g. OneDrive) and provide here a link to this site.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 3,675 Applies to: