APO billing address

My billing address is an APO address, so in the state field, I need to be able to put "AE", but the only available options in the drop-down menu for states are the 50 US states. Most other websites I've used have this option coded in there, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. How can I put the correct address on my account?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi heyitsblake,

Thank you for reaching out to Skype Community.

Unfortunately, there isn't any option available to enter APO/AE address for Skype billing.

You can, however, enter your physical address as an alternative.

As long as the credit card number supplied is correct then you'll be able to enter your billing information.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Regards,

Mark_N13
Skype Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

A rather useless answer given; It is a simple operation to update your code to use the expanded state list.

Many small vendors do it. And do it to server their customers better.

The problem is only more concerning because when I enter my Pay Pal details as a payment option I CAN select "AE" from from the state list, and authorize the account to be used.

But try and then go purchase something, only the fifty states, and the entire process comes to a screeching "something went wrong" error.

You want us to buy from you? Then let us. Get your act together and fix your cart. Maybe ask a small business owner for advice on how to do it. 

Dennis C Kamper

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It could be that you have not completed your order. You may try again to make the same payment again.

If you encounter the same error, try using a different web browser.

Also, make sure that you sure that you have provided the correct details and make the payment again, or try a different card/payment method.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My credit cards are all setup with my APO AE mailing address so that I can actually receive my mail while overseas. Using any address other than the correct APO, AE one will deny the credit card purchase.

Last time I had to order the "office home" product key from the Air Force Exchange website (because they take the address) and then I had to wait several weeks to have the hardcopy of the product key shipped to my APO mailbox, before I could actually start to use office. That is highly inefficient.

I even tried entering the APO AE in the city field, picking a state and adding the correct zip code. That gives an error that the zip code doesn't exist in that state. So there is data validation on the zip code but no choice for our overseas troops.  Please, please look into changing this. A small thing that would make a lot of our troops and their families happy..

Thank you!

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem when trying to get a replacement for one of my items.  I have read through a lot of messages posted on this issue and their response seems to indicate a clear misunderstanding of what an APO address is.  Their usual response is to use the physical address.  They think it is like a post office box.  They need to understand that this is the only address for which we can receive any mail while deployed.  How can it be that Microsoft doesn't get this?

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I talked with Microsoft support and they do not allow APO address's at this time. I just bought a gift card on Amazon.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I will add to the pile of disatisfied customers.  It is unacceptable that Microsoft cannot figure out APO billing. You should feel embarrassed that the company I shop for cigars has figured it out, but not the multi billion dollar company.  BTW, THIS feedback interface module is terrible and only make frustrated customers irate!

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ditto I have spent almost an hour trying to renew an Office subscription using the info on file my address which I an APO AE Address. I am not sure how I have been able to do this for the past 9 years and suddenly today I cannot. Oh and they say if you need help call this number or chat. Chat is not available and number says they are closed. Is there another options besides Microsoft Office? This is beyond frustrating. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft,

This is a total failure on three counts:  1.  to understand what an APO AE address is.  2.  to support the military and, 3. to consider who pays enormous contracts to your company's bottom line.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It could be that you have not completed your order. You may try again to make the same payment again.

If you encounter the same error, try using a different web browser.

Also, make sure that you sure that you have provided the correct details and make the payment again, or try a different card/payment method.

Serd_P,

Trust me, you DON'T know what you are talking about. I tried them all, INCLUDING my iPAD, which is set up to allow the "AE" address option, just not through your cart system. Maybe take lessons from Apple?

This is not a small glitch or "oh my God I don't believe it" scenario, but a very simple solution to consider the data used and supplied by the US Post Office (in this case) for addressing. If the problem exists in the pick list in YOUR cart, maybe YOU should fix the problem, and not suggest I ask someone else's product to make up for your deficiency (which does not work by the way, I tried it, knowing the likelihood of the suggestion).

In some cases you cannot SHIP products to addresses that are not correct, let alone complete a "it must completely match" billing address.

Stop wasting our time with nonsense answers, and support your development team to make a change that is not only beneficial, but shoes you spent a little bit of time actually gathering requirements and testing the solution!

Dennis C Kamper

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 6,467 Applies to: