AfterDawn.com A dangerous site with malicious TROVI Malware

Yesterday, I downloaded VLC player (for MPEG-2 TS Video) from AfterDawn(dot)com. Shortly after I noticed my IE home page was changed to trovi(dot)com. Obviously, you can't just go to Internet Options and change your home back to its original settings nor can you disable the Trovi malicious effect from the IE browser by disabling it from the "add-on" in browser settings. The solution given by the Microsoft community seems to work amazingly great which is to download a adware cleaning software like the AdwCleaner.

Anyway, as the day went by, I notice the Trovi/AfterDawn malicious effect has disabled my capability to browse any sites (Yahoo, Google, NYTimes, Ebay and so on). As soon as I enter any web address, I am directed to a page with Search Error Results from the Trovi Search Engine, a container of excrements that was imposed upon my by AfterDawn.com. It is so lamenting that AfterDawn has to masquerade as a media player solution site.

Moved from Internet Explorer

Original title: AfterDawn.com A dangerous site with malicious TROVI Malware

Discussion Info

Last updated March 5, 2019 Views 991 Applies to:

Hi,

Follow all instructions at

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/trovi-removal/

Don

Thanks Don,

But if you read my post carefully, it doesn't ask about how to get ride of Trovi and I am NOT sure who has changed the title of my post?

Thanks again.

Hi,

I changed the title and moved the post to the Virus and Malware forum because, from this

The solution given by the Microsoft community seems to work amazingly great which is to download a adware cleaning software like the AdwCleaner.

Anyway, as the day went by, I notice the Trovi/AfterDawn malicious effect has disabled my capability to browse any sites (Yahoo, Google, NYTimes, Ebay and so on). As soon as I enter any web address, I am directed to a page with Search Error Results from the Trovi Search Engine

I'm not sure whether you are free of Trovi or not.

Don

If you have gotten Trovi removed and you posted primarily to warn other users about afterdawn, let me know and I'll restore the original title of your post.

Don

Hello Don,

Happy holidays my friend. Yes, I have completely removed TROVI based on the tips and instructions I received from the Microsoft Community. My intention as you suggested was merely to warn other users about the AfterDawn.com site that gives more than you bargained for. If you be so kind to restore the original title of my post, it might be a great help to others in the future.

Happy New Year in advance,

Joe.

Joe

Don gave me a shout and I restored the title to your original.

Happy new year and safe surfing.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Thank you Zigzag and thank you Don.

Joe

Joe

The Kudo's go to Don.  I am just lending a hand.  Good Luck and happy holidays

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT