Adware PIET2EIX3L.com Unable to be Removed

Hello!

I have recently accidentally downloaded the wrong exe file and installed an adware which, as a "techy" guy I knew that I needed to remove the ad programs from the Control Panel and run Anti-Virus/Malware checker. However, after hours and hours of removing adware, I was still unable to stop PIET2EIX3L new tab popups on my google chrome and edge. I've tried deleting all the extensions and reset the whole browser. I even went to the point and checking all registry files for Chrome. Still, I was unable to remove it. Sometimes a new tab just pops out of no-where, but sometimes it doesn't. I've tried all sorts of anti-virus programs, Eset smart security, Spyhunter, Malwarebytes, Windows Defender and Norton security but all results were the same. I'm just all muddled up and wasted 6 hours trying to solve this. Hope someone can help me..

Thank you!

Answer
Answer

These steps should clear it out. How to remove Piet2eix3l.com Adware

Also, it'd be a very, good idea to uninstall SpyHunter, as it's not a reputable program. It's considered malware itself, a rogue anti-malware app.

Also, download CCleaner to clean out all temp folders, TIF and Cookies. You can download it here: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds I suggest the portable, unless you want Google Toolbar installed. You don't, trust me on this. ;-)

After installing it, and before running it, unselect Windows Defender in the list under Applications. Other than that, you can run at default settings, at least for now. Also, it can be used to clear out old Restore points: choose Tools  - System Restore. Delete each of them. 

Note: the latest will be greyed out, so you can't delete it, which is good. That at least gives you one to go back to, if need be. Once your system is cleaned up, create a new restore point.

Additionally: Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- --------
Please let us know if your problem was resolved. It'd be much appreciated.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
May 4, 2018: I won't participate anymore in MC. Enough is enough.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2018 Views 1,232 Applies to: