What security programs should i use with Windows Defender to make my PC protection best?

System specs: **Windows 8 pro
     **2 GB Memory
     **2.10 GHz Intel Processor

Security programs i use: **Windows defender
    **Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Any suggestions what programs I should use.

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2018 Views 4,026 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender which is full anti-malware protection and you don't need any additional protection. You could install other Anti-Virus that replace by Windows Defender but you shouldn't never have both at the same time.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Windows Defender will provide enough protection to you. For additional security you can use:
  1. HitmanPro
    (Strongly recommended by me)
  2. Malwarebytes(Free).
    Note: You must download Free version not the Pro one as it conflict with MSE. Also, Uncheck Trial version of 14 days after installing it.
  3. SUPERAntispyware(Free)

You should never use two Real Time Protection softwares like Malwarebytes Pro or Trial (but you can use Free version), SUPERAntiSpyware Professional (again, you can use Free version). Some more clarification here:

Can I use any other antivirus or Malwarebytes Pro or any other second opinion scanner along with Microsoft Security Essentials?

Please come back with the results.
Please mark replies as helpful/answer if they are.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I had Malwarebytes pro, uninstalled it, will get Hitman. 
And using Malwarebytes pro with real time didnt bother me but anyway i have uninstalled it.

one more thing i would like to know, Do i need Anti Exploit? or Windows Defender have that feature?

And lastly Does Windows Defender provides what SUPERAntispyware does??
Harsh.G

Sorry this didn't help.

As I said, Windows Defender provides enough protection. But it is also true that nothing is perfect in this world, no antivirus can provide full security. Some threats may be there that Windows Defender can miss, some SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) will miss. Weekly scanning with SAS decrease chances of threats a lot. But I trust HitmanPro more than SAS, HitmanPro uses multiple antivirus definition.
Please come back with the results.
Please mark replies as helpful/answer if they are.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

As I said, Windows Defender provides enough protection. But it is also true that nothing is perfect in this world, no antivirus can provide full security. Some threats may be there that Windows Defender can miss, some SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) will miss. Weekly scanning with SAS decrease chances of threats a lot. But I trust HitmanPro more than SAS, HitmanPro uses multiple antivirus definition.
Still unanswered :P

""one more thing i would like to know, Do i need Anti Exploit (or HitmanPro alert)? or Windows Defender have that feature?""???

Harsh.G

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Internet Explorer's SmartScreen protection is the closest thing to the Hitman Pro Alert product as near as I can tell. The choice is yours.

-steve

^_^
Windows Insider MVP (Security), Moderator Microsoft Community

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Um.. yes this was Helpful sir, Well I actually use chrome as it integrates well with my Smartphone and other devices.. so Seeking for further suggestion..:)

And still what about Anti Exploit?

And to above suggestions i have installed HitmanPro and Windows Defender [pre installed :)]
Harsh.G

·

Sorry this didn't help.

""one more thing i would like to know, Do i need Anti Exploit (or HitmanPro alert)? or Windows Defender have that feature?""???

Not exactly the same. Windows Defender antimalware engine uses heuristics to help detect threats that are not yet specifically defined in a manner similar to HitmanPro Alert. The main difference being that HitmanPro Alert is a browser based security program. Internet Explorer uses Smart Screen Filter in conjunction with Windows Defender to protect browsing integrity.

Windows Defender and Windows SmartScreen fight viruses and other malware

Malwarebytes AntiExploit also helps defend browser integrity but functions differently than HitmanPro Alert.

Important to realize that both products are in Beta and conflicts and bugs may be present. That bieng said Windows Defender and the Win 8 operating system security are constantly being refined/developed to provide the best integrated protection possible.

FWIW I've tried both and HitmanPro Alert is my preference at this time. Apparently Alert will soon be incorporated into HitmanPro Ma;ware Scanner. For updates check the support thread here

This probably still doesn't properly address your question. Perhaps Rob Koch is monitoring these forums today and may provide a better answer.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I personally use Microsoft Defender on my Windows 8 PC alone and it has provided me adequate cover as i have never had any virus attack or malware on my PC. Keep it updated always and it can be able to provide you with good cover.
The Top Tech Blog designed to provide you with regular useful information. Check it out...

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Not exactly the same. Windows Defender antimalware engine uses heuristics to help detect threats that are not yet specifically defined in a manner similar to HitmanPro Alert. The main difference being that HitmanPro Alert is a browser based security program. Internet Explorer uses Smart Screen Filter in conjunction with Windows Defender to protect browsing integrity.

Windows Defender and Windows SmartScreen fight viruses and other malware

Malwarebytes AntiExploit also helps defend browser integrity but functions differently than HitmanPro Alert.

Important to realize that both products are in Beta and conflicts and bugs may be present. That bieng said Windows Defender and the Win 8 operating system security are constantly being refined/developed to provide the best integrated protection possible.

FWIW I've tried both and HitmanPro Alert is my preference at this time. Apparently Alert will soon be incorporated into HitmanPro Ma;ware Scanner. For updates check the support thread here

This probably still doesn't properly address your question. Perhaps Rob Koch is monitoring these forums today and may provide a better answer.

Well this helped me better.. Actually i was asking this because I am bit confused..
see i have Windows Defender and to above suggestions i have installed HitmanPro and i also have downloaded setups of Anti Exploit and HMP alert.. And what i need to know is that do i need any of these two (HMP Alert and Anti Exploit)? Or It is provided by the ones which i have installed on my PC?

If yes then which one should i prefer. That's all :p

And yes again as i told, i use google chrome, so i wont be using smart screen filter in IE10.
Harsh.G

·

Sorry this didn't help.