Q: Cant turn on Windows Defender This thread is locked from future replies

Hi guys

Recently I start to work in a new company. They IT guy connected me to their organization domain which inforced some settings. one of them was installing kaspersky antivirus. Before working there I was more than happy with WD but they insist to install kaspersky. But the problem was they couldn't activate kaspersky on my laptop, and after trying a few solutions they blamed it on my windows and said I need to install a new windows.

After this, they uninstall kaspersky from my laptop, but the problem is I cant get WD to turn back on. I also disconnect myself from their organization but still nothings change.

By the way, I have a windows 10 (Version 1703, Build 15063) and the kaspersky version was kaspersky endpoint security 10.

I should have mentioned this, I did all that and there is no kaspersky components on my laptop anymore.

and this is my services window:

I cant turn on any of them.

The computer belongs to you - not to an employer?  Correct?

When you reinstalled Windows did that reinstallation include a trial copy of McAfee, Norton, etc that needs to be removed?  If so, run the appropriate removal software and reboot.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection.  Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in

If the issue continues you may want to try all of the steps recommended in Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10 to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of anti-malware product removal tools

If you can't get this problem resolved suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Good luck...

MVP Consumer Security 2014-2016
Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

9 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 1,392 Last updated: February 11, 2018 Applies to: