I can remove Browser Modifier: win32/subtab!blnk

Hi friends! What can i do to remove this virus? I have done a full scan with Window Defender (wondows 10)... I get at least thirty times the message: "defender detected malware" or something like that. Always the same malware: win32/subtab!blnk... When I remove everithing, automatically  the message appears on the computer again.... It's a eternal loop... Thanks and excuse my bad English... 
Answer
Answer
I had the same virus and the same loop.  A few days ago, my computer updated and downloaded some program called Vulkan.  It was the source location for the identified virus.  I uninstalled it, and the notifications went away.  Check for any other programs installed recently that you did not add.  A Google search shows that it has been installed by other people as a false Adobe update sometimes, and I think I've done that around the same time, but I'm usually more keen at noticing BS...I may be slipping up.  Anyway, when you get the Windows Defender popup, view the details of the PUP.  It will lead you to a program name in one of the various details.  I uninstalled that program (Vulkan),  used Windows Defender, ran Panda AntiVirus, ran MalwareBytes, and everything was fine.  I don't know what all it did in the meantime, so time will tell if it did damage.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2018 Views 8,802 Applies to: