Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

I'm usung Win7 Ultimate 32 bit. I have been using MS Security Essentail since Dec 2009.
I upgraded to  1.0.1959.0 and all other parts are updated to the latest versions.
Ever since I upgraded I have been getting the following Error on bootup in my Event Viewer.

If I uninstall and go back to version 1.0.1611.0 the startup error is gone.

Message Reads
Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Any suggestions other than uninstalling and reinstalling the older version.

Answer
Answer

Hi, iggy_az,  

I was searching for a solution to the same problem, and when I searched Google, this thread was the first result. It urks me to have found a solution to a problem, and have other people still searching, especially when they are the first result in a search. Do unto others...   Anyway, here, this is Microsoft's Official solution to the problem.

In windows 7:

If you havent already resolved the issue, you will need to navigate to: C:/program data/microsoft/microsoft security essentials/support/   >   then locate the file: "MSSEOOBE.etl" and simply delete it.

Once you restart the computer, MSE will recreate it, and that should resolve the issue. It worked for me at least.

Cheers!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2020 Views 46,501 Applies to: