Microsoft Security Essentials - Installation problem

Dear Sirs,

I have a Windows Xp32 bit system in my laptop. I had installed MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) in my laptop  and was working fine. A week back when I tried to run it because it was showing orange color it did not work and went of the screen. Afterwards I tried to reinstall but could not then I went through the process of "I cannot install MSE" meticulously . I got error code 0x80070645. I went through the process of "Fixing error message 0x80070645". Even the I am unable to install and getting the same error code, I do not know what to do now. As I am 83 years ols can you kindly help me out.
Thanking and Regards,
NP.Bhakta
|
Answer
Answer
Follow these steps:
  1. Press Win key + R. This will open Run. Run can also be opened from Start menu.
  2. Type "regedit" and hit enter.
  3. Once Registry Editor opens it will look like this:
  4. Navigate to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\1F69ACF0D1CF2B7418F292F0E05EC20B]
    (It will be hard to find it in a huge list but you have to do it and confirm you are selecting right key)
  5. Right click on the key and click on 'Delete'. This image demonstrate it (if image is not clear then right click on it --> Save Image --> Zoom and see it clearly):
  6. Do the same with these keys:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\26D13F39948E1D546B0106B5539504D9]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\1F69ACF0D1CF2B7418F292F0E05EC20B]
  7. After deleting these keys try to install MSE again. If problem persist then start a new thread here.

Hopefully these steps will explain you the process. If its still unclear then please don't hesitate to ask where you are facing problems.

Please come back with the results.
Please mark replies as helpful/answer if they are.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2021 Views 798 Applies to: