Microsoft Security Essentials Corrupted File. [x64 MSE English Corrupt Download (2/22/13)]

I have downloaded the English Windows 7, 64bit version of MSE four times today with the same result. When I try to run the program it says the file is corrupt. I have tried on several computers with the same result.

It looks like it is a bad file on MS servers.

Just to double check, I download the Dutch version and it will install, wish I spoke Dutch :)

French version also ok, Looks like just the english version is corrupt.

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2018 Views 23,852 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

GOOD NEWS!!

We aren't 100% fully there yet, but a resolution of downloading from both the MSE site and the Microsoft download site is imminent.  I won't risk an exact timeframe, but I'm reasonably certain if it isn't already working for some (as it propagates - and may take longer for one site than than the other and depending on your location), it soon will be and we sincerely expect things to be back to normal shortly.

I'll edit this once I have GUARANTEED, VERIFIED 100% confirmation, but I want you to know this much for now.  The end is imminent and in sight.

Thanks for your patience and for being just a tiny bit more patient - it shouldn't be long.

Kosh

<EDIT:  Several users have reported being able to install using a fresh download from the Download Center http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201.  So we have confirmation that one worked (at least for those users - and only one reported a failure there - which I suspect has other causes - which is another good sign). 

The version on the MSE site  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-all-versions seems to be taking longer to propagate - but hopefully not too much longer. 

I've also seen some that were stuck before have success with the MU workaround - so perhaps that method wasn't as immune to the problem as originally thought, but may now work or work better (though I'd still strongly recommend using the download method instead now that we know at least one place to get a working copy.>

MVP(7/2012-6/2015),MCSE,MCSA,MCC2011,xCMM,xCAM,A+,Net+,Security Expert, xInfluencer. See Profile.

W10Prox64 Fast 16299rs3; Ofc Insider 1710/8613.1000; Edge,IE11,Chrome.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.