Getting Error 0x80070645 while trying to install Microsoft Security Essentials.

I had succesfully installed MSE earlier and the program was functioning properly untill yesterday when I tried to install an update. Now MSE is not getting turned on and not protecting my system. I tried uninstalling it from appwiz.cpl but it said that the program is already uninstalled. I tried going through few online forums to seek help and tried deleting few registy entries but it did not help. I am still getting the same error message. "0x80070645". An error has prevented Securir=ty Essentials setup wizard from completeting succesfully. Please restart your computer and try again. 
|
Answer
Answer

For Seven :

Remove registry key :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Installer > UpgradeCodes >26D13F39948E1D546B0106B5539504D9

For Windows XP :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Installer > UpgradeCodes > 1F69ACF0D1CF2B7418F292F0E05EC20B

And Install it !

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Review this: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/908fad3e-f9fc-4d8a-be83-ae7d3bc48db5

And, verify that you have removed all other real-time antimalware products that were ever installed on your PC, including free/trial products that were installed when the PC was purchased (Norton, Symantec, McAfee, TM, AVG, Malwarebytes (paid), etc). Then, use the cleanup tools here: List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools If yours is not listed, go to the manufacturer and get it. 

You may need to uninstall and reinstall MSE.  Use the procedure(s) here to uninstall MSE: Uninstalling MSE.  Then, use IE or Firefox, and go to www.microsoft.com/security_essentials and click DOWNLOAD. Do not navigate and download via TOOLBARS.

If the problem persists, submit a support case to Microsoft: https://support.microsoftsecurityessentials.com/?scrx=1

Doc

Computers verified since 1972.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 22, 2020 Views 10,071 Applies to: