Question

Q: ccApp.exe - Unable to locate component MSVCP.70.dll__Downloading Microsoft Security Essentials

Problem:  ccApp.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because MSVCP70.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

What is this?  I removed Norton Anti-virus and this error box pops up when I start-up my laptop.  How do I get rid of it?

Problem:  I have Microsoft Firewall and Automatic Updates working, but Virus Protection is not.  I am unable to download Microsoft Security Essentials?  Is the problem hindered by the above?

Answer

A:

You need to run the norton cleanup/removal tool in the link below, as well as performing the other checks.

Verify that you have removed all other real-time antimalware products that were ever installed on your PC, including free/trial product that were installed when the PC was purchased (Norton, McAfee, TM, AVG, OneCare, etc). Use the removal tools here:

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

If you just updated Adobe Flash, you may have inadvertently installed McAfee Security Scanner. Verify that it is not present.

Verify that Windows Defender is uninstalled (if XP), or Disabled (if Vista/W7).

Verify that you are up-to-date with patches and service packs.

Verify that your PC clock is correctly set.

Verify that you are using build 1961 of MSE (as of April 2010).

Verify that the Windows Firewall is on, and set to defaults. Remove Zone Alarm if you have it and use the Windows Firewall.

Verify that you are not using a proxy server.

In IE, reset all security zones to default level.

Then, restart your PC.

If the problem persists, submit a support case to Microsoft: https://support.microsoftsecurityessentials.com/?scrx=1

Doc

Computers verified since 1972

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,514 Last updated: May 16, 2018 Applies to: