ScheduleJob, WinTask, RestrictPrivilegesScan command line parameters

Microsoft or educated readers, will you please educate me and document the following three command line parameters for MpCmdRun.exe
-ScheduleJob
-WinTask
-RestrictPrivilegesScan

These three parameters are used on the task that MSE automatically creates if you choose it to schedule a scan for you. However, these parameters are not documented. The EXE doesn't provide help. I have searched this forum and the internet. No one knows.

I opened a case with Microsoft, after about two weeks back and forth it was escalated to a manager, Chalapathy Naidu, who told me that these were undocumented parameters and that it would require them going to the development team. However, he denied such an inquiry to the development team saying, "I need to let you know that we are at a juncture wherein we do not have the sufficient resources to provide you with the information which you are requesting."

Suggestions or insight?
|
Answer
Answer

This command line option is for internal use.  If you explain what you are trying to accomplish, I'm happy to help you achieve it with our documented interfaces.

Microsoft Antimalware - This post is provided as-is with no warranty or support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 25, 2021 Views 1,901 Applies to: