• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Microsoft called, eventvwr scam?

Rockdude3 asked on
Today "Microsoft" called me multiple times. They asked me to enter "eventvwr" into my Run bar. He said I was running XP, I lied and said I was running Vista. Despite this, he didn't question it further, he simply asked me to continue. Now I'm not sure if Vista has a different "Run" option, but it didn't make a difference, as he continued. He has called me multiple times, and he will probably call again. I was wondering what I should say/do to stop him calling me.
235 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer

Microsoft Will not contact you if you did not share you don't ask them to contact you. Microsoft will never try to get information from user to contact them without get permission from them. If they called you again ask them to stop, if they are from Microsoft and accidently contact you or someone might contact them and give your number , they will not contact you. But after you do this and they continue to bother you then contact your phone supplier (mobile or landline) the people who get phone number from them and tell them someone is bothering you and they will know what they do .
10 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress