Windows 10 Defender show wrong time

Hello, my 1809 runs also almost without errors. Only the Defender time goes 7 hours ahead

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2020 Views 1,777 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yes before update my Defender always show current or behind clocks like yours ,after update my Defender start showing advance time.My timezone is GMT+7 btw .Anyway to fix this ?

FoxSauce,

Missed Glen's post and your reply, appears I was composing my reply at same time. 

As I mentioned in my first reply this issue mat be resolved in a future update to definitions of WD version update but AFAIK there's no fix.

~rhab

CET, MCC 2011

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I hope this is only cosmetic bug then only concern left is its function affect or not 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This issue was first noted here back during the 1809 Insider phase in the following thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/when-my-security-updates-the-time-is-exactly-one/1957ded5-cc81-4d59-9052-a9f5e91813f7?auth=1

Though at the time those of us not an Insider had no way to confirm, you'll find in that thread that the OP created a Windows 10  feedback report, which was the appropriate action to take.  I'm writing this on a different version of Windows, so I can't view that here to see if it received any response.

https://aka.ms/AA2rs5s

Now that I also have the 1809 update installed on my Windows 10, I just confirmed that it also displays the update time as 6 hours previous to the time when I just performed a manual update.  However, when I shift the system to a time zone one hour later (UTC-6 to UTC-7), the update time display changes to 2 hours earlier.  Then upon switching to the time zone one hour earlier than my own (UTC-5), the display changed to 2 hours later as I now anticipated.

I won't try to do the math, because time zones and time based effects are inherently confusing, but this 2 hour shift clearly indicates there's some sort of math issue relating to this display item in Windows Defender Security Center.  In fact, since the time logged for the update itself obviously hadn't changed, the issue is clearly one of computing time display.

Since as both the earlier Insider poster and those here are stating nothing else seems to be affected, I still see no reason to believe this is any more than a cosmetic issue.  That's understandable, since there were significant changes within many of the interface elements of the 1809 update again, so this was likely simply an error made within the display changes to the security center.

Rob

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I suggest open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue make sure add relevant screenshots and log files.

You may also add reference to this post too.

Sorry this didn't help.