SORBS SPAM " WILL BE DE-ACTIVATED VERIFY YOUR EMAIL WITHIN 48HOURS

Hello Good People,

I need to undertsand why i received this email.

Do i have to do some policy etc.

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Arif

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2019 Views 61 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

That message has all the hallmarks and even some exact text matching well known email phishing scams which are simply trying to capture your email address and whatever other personal information you might enter into the form displayed if you were to go to the web page provided in the hyperlink it includes.

Search for the following text in your browser to see examples of other such messages known to be phishing messages.

"You have reached your E-Mail storage bandwidth limit. Most of your incoming mails will be placed on hold."

The problem here is that these messages also look very much like the valid messages from various reputable antispam or other online services, so the only way to be certain is to determine whether your organization or email provider truly uses one of these services.

So asking others online isn't the proper method, you should instead be asking either the technical support for your organization or if you're an individual email account user, the provider of your email account(s).

In this specific case, you can analyze whether the message itself actually makes any sense.  For example, has new email stopped delivering to your mailbox or is there any other indication that your mailbox might be full, such as others calling or telling you that email they've sent you has been bouncing (returning to them with mailbox full errors) or similar indications the message might be true?

If the message sounds at all "fishy", in other words questionable, then it's likely a phishing message and should simply be deleted.

Rob

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.