How to stop files from syncing with OneDrive

When I look this up i’m taken to a forum that tells me I can disconnect or pause the syncing/backups but i cannot disable it because it’s programmed into the laptop with the current series I have.

But I’m trying to make a website and my style sheets, javascript, and images will not load because it’s behind the wall that OneDrive creates. Is there any way around it? I cannot complete my project(s) with incomplete results, especially the images.

|

Dear User,

Good day!!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and please don’t worry, let’s work together on your concern and move towards a resolution path.

As per the description shared, I understand you would like to stop files from syncing with the OneDrive and if my understanding is correct, I would like to convey that the OneDrive sync client will only sync the files and folders that are already in the OneDrive.

However, if the content in your Desktop, Documents, Pictures are also syncing with your OneDrive, then it seems you have enabled the protection in your OneDrive sync client, where protection feature will sync the data in your local folders of your computer to the OneDrive.

To stop the protection, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Click the OneDrive icon (cloud icon) at the bottom right of the Windows task bar.
Step 2: Click on Help & Settings> Settings> Sync and backup> Manage backup> Uncheck the folders of your computer> Select “This Computer” (to keep your files on your computer only)> Click OK in Stop Protection window.

For reference: Back up your folders with OneDrive - Microsoft Support

However, if you don’t want to use the OneDrive sync client on your device, you can simply uninstall the OneDrive sync client and install the OneDrive from the official release notes whenever you need to use:

Open the Control Panel> Programs> Program and Features> Right-click on Microsoft OneDrive> Uninstall.

Note: Uninstalling the OneDrive sync client on your device will not remove the files from your OneDrive.

If there is any misunderstanding from our end, we apologize and request you to share the more detailed information with some screennshots which will help us to better understand and guide you further.

Appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day!!

Best Regards,
Sophia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 34 Applies to: