Outlook can't receive mail from 1 of my account

Feb 16 was the last day that outlook imported my mail from my email account, I've called my provider and everything is fine on there end....the error says I can send messages from that account but can't receive emails.

Its working fine on my other emails......I am running windows 10, was there a patch of some sort that messed outlook for me?

I really like to use outlook for all my email accounts, its so easy.....but this is a pain going to another site for just the emails that won't import.....anyone have any answers?

Hi Pauline, 

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to know that you are unable to receive emails. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• How do you access your email account? Is it by Microsoft Office Outlook or Outlook.com web browser or Outlook App?

• Did you try sending a test mail to yourself? If you receive any error message, provide us the complete error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the below article for “Errors sending or receiving email” and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/not-receiving-email

Please reply with the above information, if you need further help and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I go through outlook.com

I don't get an error message when I send myself a test email....it does go to my email address, it just won't bounce to outlook.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

As you said you don't get an error message when you send a test email to yourself. It means there is no issue with the Outlook.com server.

This issue seems to be one particular email domain, wherein you can't send an email. I suggest you to fill E-Form;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&wfname=capsub&productkey=edfsmsbl3&locale=en-us&wa=wsignin1.0&ccsid=635653882713130041

Please mention the all required information.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Importing is a one-time occurrence. You have to perform export on one and import each time you want data to travel between two disparate systems. Perhaps you're speaking of something other than importing.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Brian, I have my gmail account send & receive thro outlook.com....no problem there

My isp/metrocast email is set up to send & receive also, it will send BUT not receive....this all stopped just that day...when I check my options in outlook, my email options...I get this message....There was a problem getting messages from your other accounts. 

I've tried deleting this account, but it won't delete....I thought I would try to reinstall the information...its just weird and a pain

I haven't changed any settings on getting the mail

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you using a POP or an IMAP connection to the Metrocast mailbox? Did you change anything at all on the Metrocast side of things? Does Metrocast support two-factor authentication and do you have it enabled?
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 10 Applies to: