Outlook Premium Domain Issue

I have had a Microsoft Outlook Premium domain for several years. I understand this was closed to new subscribers some time ago.

I am trying to setup a new personal email address for a family member however the option to setup the email address does not exist. I have correctly shared one of my family member licences to that person. 

In my outlook settings there is a error message about linking my godaddy domain to the Microsoft account - see image below. I looked on the web and under the trobleshooting it suggests cancelling that process and starting again. However if I click Cancel Setup nothing happens. The domain is linked in someway at the moment as the three family members have working email addresses for the "@delroy.net.au" domain. 

Can you assist in solving this please.

Kind Regards

Ian 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Ian,

Is that your actual domain name?  According to mxtoolbox, the domain is not at godaddy - the domain needs to be at godaddy so Microsoft can update the dns records for you.

--
Diane Poremsky
M365 MVP, specializing in Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 apps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just switched from CrazyDomains to Godaddy because that was the prefered provider according to Microsoft. That was completed last night / this morning. Now NO emails work. So its total broken!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you finish the domain setup in Outlook.com? If you moved the domain to GoDaddy but did not recreate the current DNS, mail will not work until outlook.com is fully configured with the custom domain.. according to securitytrails.com, the domain is not using godaddy nameservers - or it has not fully synced worldwide.

ETA: network-tools.com has the updated name servers but you do not have any other DNS records. You need to update the records at goddaddy.  You can find the old MX records here : https://securitytrails.com/ - once you add that, mail will work again. 

--
Diane Poremsky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had a Microsoft Outlook Premium domain for several years. I understand this was closed to new subscribers some time ago.

I am trying to setup a new personal email address for a family member however the option to setup the email address does not exist. I have correctly shared one of my family member licences to that person. 

In my outlook settings there is a error message about linking my godaddy domain to the Microsoft account - see image below. I looked on the web and under the trobleshooting it suggests cancelling that process and starting again. However if I click Cancel Setup nothing happens. The domain is linked in someway at the moment as the three family members have working email addresses for the "@delroy.net.au" domain. 

Kind Regards

Ian 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Kind Regards

Ian 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much. Annoyingly I was told they should have copied across from Crazydomains. I have used your link to copy the historical record. I had picked up on this error some 5 hours ago and tried to update then however emails are still not working. In case I mistyped something I have copied from the link you sent and updated again. I guess I now need to wait for it to propagate.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Network-tools.com isn't showing anything for your domain - but mxtoolbox is, so its propagating slowly, but not enough is propagated for me to see if you have anything setup correctly. I'll check it again after I take the pup out for a walk.
--
Diane Poremsky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Awsome. Its 3am here so will check when i get up later in the morning.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I checked network-tools.com - it looks like it is using google mx servers.
--
Diane Poremsky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. I could not survive the horror of not having emails flowing. I sent the mail to a gmail account and then forwarded the emails to the native outlook addresses for our accounts. Its only a work around but necessary. Hopefully a vaccine for Microsoft horrors wil be found in 2021! Grrrr

I did try other changes to the DNS that should have resolved the problem but nothing worked. I am waiting on the Microsoft outlook team to reply to online assistance requests. Needless to say I am not holding my breath.

Thanks for your help and support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 195 Applies to: