Cryptic account name after I did that "[Action Required] Re-connect Outlook..." thing

Hi folks,

I got that "[Action Required] Re-connect Outlook..." eMail today and followed the advise (Option 2) and removed my Hotmail account from my Outlook 2016 profile and re-added it, using my eMail address "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***".

Now the account name became an cryptic technical eMail address like "outlook_<CID>@outlook.com" where "<CID>" ist this hexadecimal unique customer ID from Microsoft Live.

I tried to rename the account to my original eMail address "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" but it's not possible. All "name" fields in the configuration dialogs are disabled.

And, every time I create a new eMail for this account it now starts with this **** (wow, my expletive was censored;-) eMail address "outlook_<CID>@outlook.com" in the "from" field so I have to manually change it every time.

Someone an idea how to get back my old account name and address?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi SchoschiMan,

thanks for the reply. But this article does not help me.

For signing on to Windows 8 (and above) etc. with a Microsoft account I changed my primary alias allready to "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and the secondary alias to "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". (btw. I even can't see this "outlook_

My primary mail accounts are at "mydomain.com" and I wan't to use my Microsoft eMail account with Outlook 2016 using my old "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" address.

So, changing the primary alias in this scenario is unfortunately no option, I think.

Anyway thanks for your help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ronvo,

While waiting for the suggestions of other members, you may also post your query through TechNet.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 447 Applies to: