Wrong email address on request for security code

The email address they want to send my security code is not mine, and it looks like a typographical error - one of the letters in the email address is missing.  I can't change it - for all I know they may have sent the security code there!

I emailed some Microsoft support team, with a description of the problem, and they sent me a list of phone numbers to ring ....

The person I rang said Hotmail doesn't have telephone support and sent me an email with a link which supposedly should be able to help - couldn't figure it out, so submitted feedback AGAIN outlining the problem.

No response.

I have had this email address for over 11 years and it is really annoying as I figure after today I will not have access to it any more.

I really haven't got a clue what I am supposed to do, and I have no idea how to contact someone who can address this issue.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2019 Views 1,875 Applies to:
The Microsoft account forum has been recently retired and all account related questions must now be asked online here

Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page.  You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.

If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one at https://signup.live.com

The Microsoft account forum has been recently retired and all account related questions must now be asked online here
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes.

I have tried to do that several times after looking at another thread on this forum.

After filling out the form and submitting it, I then had to sign in, fill it out again and resubmit.

after rewriting the whole thing out again, I found I had the wrong security code - tried to resubmit again twice, and was twice told I had the wrong security code .... decided to try the audio and found I had to write the whole thing out again ....

seems a lot of trouble when Microsoft made a typo in my email address - especially when I don't need a higher level of security. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi mamabene,

Thanks for coming back and we are sorry for the inconvenience on this issue.

Please be informed that there is new a secure online form to report Microsoft account issues. Microsoft account forum on Microsoft Community will be removed and you will no longer be able to create new threads in this forum.

Post your questions in this link where we have private support moderators that will help you with regard to your concern.

Note: I am now locking this thread. For customers having the same issues, please refer to the link that I have posted above.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.