Microsoft is asking me to verify my account

Microsoft is asking me to verify my account.

It does not provide the correct back up email to click, so I asked to use one of my alternates.

However Microsoft continues to NOT send me the code.

What is the problem here?

Frankly if this is security fix, this is very intrusive and they should send this code, OR this should never have been asked

I am about done with Bing on this one if not corrected promptly, since I already have a Gmail and Yahoo account I use for business, I will simply bail on Bing

|
Answer
Answer

Carl

Your anecdotal experience aside, you are not paying for the service (unless you have the paid version called Hotmail Plus/Outlook.com Ad-free). 

I have around 75,000 posts here, 30,000 on Google, and 10,000 on yahoo so I have seen a few more of the problems than I suspect you have.

I did not say Microsoft isn't making money off selling data, I did say the service was free.  Information is going to be harvested where ever you go, it is a Huge part of the current internet business model in almost all situations.  Thats life on the internet.

I don't use Outlook.com and didn't use Hotmail.  My domains are hosted elsewhere, where the cost is worth the 24/7 US support I get. (GoDaddy.com)

I too like DuckDuckGo in place of the hundreds of millions of useless hits on Google. Getting support can be just as difficult for Bing' (even the webmaster tools) as outlook.com (hence Godaddy)

Basically I think the respectful disagreement is in terminology only.  I use the Microsoft services that work and don't where they don't.

I (and my ilk) work here to help where I can and would kill to get the ability to actually FIX these stupid endless loops, but alas legal issues prevent non Microsoft employees (even those who like me have non disclosure form signed with MS) from accessing account information.  It is almost as frustrating for us as it is for you

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 16, 2021 Views 2,371 Applies to: