I cannot log out of my email account

I logged in to my hotmail.com account on my daughter's computer and cannot now log out. everytime I click log out it reloads my email outlook page.
|
Hello Mark,

My name is Parmi, I am a Microsoft community advisor. Thank you for posting your question. I'll happy to help.

I am assuming you have logged in via a browser? Please, clear browser cache and forms history, it will delete the entered credentials. Let me know if that works.

Regards,
Parmi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Parmi,

thank you for your help. Yes that has now logged me out. But I am hoping you can help me further. The reason I was accessing my email on my daughter Alice's laptop is because she has been locked out of her hotmail account and has filled in account recovery form several times without success. I used my email as the recovery email. Is it possible for you to help us please. She is not very tech savvy and I am only with her for a few hours tonight to try and get her logged back in. I have tried calling Microsoft without success as it says you need to do it online. Her email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. She has filled in all the details required (last emails sent with subject lines without success)

Thanks,

Mark

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Herllo Mark,

Great to know it worked!. Please use below article steps to unblock the account.

Unblock your account
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/unbloc...

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Parmi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. We have filled the form in. It says it may take 24 hours but hopefully we have sent enough information. If it does not work what are the alternatives? Can we call someone? She is waiting for assignments from her college and a possible job in Italy. So I hope it can be sorted soon.

Thanks,

Mark

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Mark,

in the article, there is a step to unblock the account using an alternate ph.no or email address OR you can install the Authenticator App in your mobile to get the code generated in the app.

Is the account locked due to any reason? did she not login to the account for more than a year?

Ideally, the steps in the article should unblock the account, else it is the recovery form which you have already filled out.

Unfortunately, your daughter will have to wait for 24 hrs to get the results. After 24 hrs, if still not working.

Please feel free to directly chat with MS support

Chat - https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...
Email - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12401

Regards,
Parmi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, 

we have the reply it says:

We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership.  Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner. 

We have taken the additional step of blocking your account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** until we can verify you as the account owner. This will prevent any further use of the account, and protect you from any possible malicious activity.

Please submit a new account verification form

At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather. The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. We’ve included a few tips below to help you fill out the form as completely as possible. 

It does not say why the account has been blocked. She has been using it regularly. We answered all the questions accurately although she cannot be certain she can remember the previous passwords correctly. So there is no point sending a new form as we will simply put in the same answers again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have already tried the chat link with a virtual agent without any success. Please can we talk to someone directly?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Mark,

so, it seems the account is blocked, in that case, it is not needed to recover the account as it is not deleted due to unussage for 1 yr.

Please again try to use the steps in this article.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/unbloc...

Unblock your account
Go to https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to recover your account and reset your password.

Enter the email address of your blocked account and enter the characters you see on your screen and select Next.

Enter the code generated by your authenticator app or select Use a different verification option to get a text message.

Notes:

You don't need a smartphone to receive a security code.

Text messages may come from either "MSFT", a short number, or a mobile number. If you have requested a security code, you can trust the message that arrives.

Microsoft account code example

If you don't have an alternate phone number or email address or you can't get to it, select I didn’t get a code when you’re prompted for a code at sign-in or I don’t have access to these when you’re resetting your password and then follow the instructions.

After you enter the security code, you'll need to change your password to complete the unblocking process.

Hope this helps, Thank you for your patience,

Regards,
Parmi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have filled in the same form as before to unblock the account as you mentioned. But again it has sent the same automatic reply as the last two times. We have put in exactly the same answers - which ARE ACCURATE so why is it still stopping the account to be unfrozen? It has not asked to reset the password. 

This is getting very annoying. Please can we speak to someone - a human being rather than spending hours filling in computer forms again and again.

Mark

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2021 Views 332 Applies to: