Emails from SendGrid are not being received by customers with a Microsoft email address

How do I go about finding out if our emails are being blocked?
And how do I go about being removed from the blocking?
|

Hello BenCandide,

Welcome to Microsoft Community, and thank you for contacting us!

We appreciate you reaching out regarding your concern with your SendGrid emails that aren’t being received by the customers with Microsoft email. We want you to get to the bottom of this as much as you do, so let’s work on this together.

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

1. Are you getting any bounce back messages when sending email to Outlook.com users?
  2. Do the Outlook.com account users who are supposed to be receiving the emails have set any rules on their accounts?
  3. Do the Outlook.com account users tried to locate the emails on their Junk folders?

It might be possible that your emails are being rejected due to policy reasons. The mail server's IP address uses to identify itself on the Internet and was tagged as a potential threat to Office. For delisting of the said domain, please have the Outlook.com users fill out this form and provide the necessary information.

If you need more advice from us, you can get back to us by replying to this thread or create a new thread using this link if you have a different concern.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

1. Are you getting any bounce back messages when sending email to Outlook.com users?
  2. Do the Outlook.com account users who are supposed to be receiving the emails have set any rules on their accounts?
  3. Do the Outlook.com account users tried to locate the emails on their Junk folders?

Hi There,
Thank you for getting back to me, regarding the above questions:

1. We are not receiving any bounce back emails, they are being marked as successfully delivered from our email client Sendgrid.

2. As far as we are aware there are no specific rules on the user's accounts, but we cannot be 100% sure that is the case.

3. Yes, customers have checked their junk folders, used the search option on their inbox and have not found any emails from us that they are expecting.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to us. Since that you’re not getting any bounce back messages and the email were delivered successfully, the issue might be with the recipient’s configuration as the emails were not blocked by the Microsoft servers. 

With this, the affected account users (recipients) may need further observations as to what exactly might be causing the issue.

May we also clarify if all your contacts are experiencing the same issue? Also, what are the domain of the affected recipients?

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi There,
Thank you for the response,
The affected email domains are Outlook, Hotmail and Live. No other email domain has had this issue, I find it very strange that only these 3 domains are having reports of our emails not being received.

They can't all have the same configuration that is preventing them from seeing our emails, do you have a list or resource of where  Ican see these to see if our email falls under any of the categories?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for clarifying that the affected users are using Outlook.com. 

As mentioned in the previous post, it might be possible that your emails are being rejected due to policy reasons. The mail server's IP address uses to identify itself on the Internet and was tagged as a potential threat to Office.

For delisting of the said domain, please have the Outlook.com users fill out this form and provide the necessary information. The specialized team will contact them via email and will provide an update regarding the delisting request. 

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi There,
I don't see how a user who didn't receive my email can fill in that form, most of the users wouldn't be able to find an IP address for an email they did receive, let alone one that they didn't receive. 

Our SendGrid emails will also be on a rotating IP address so whitelisting one IP address wouldn't necessarily fix the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to us and we appreciate our patience in waiting for our reply. Sorry for the confusion, it will be the sender who tries to send the emails to outlook.com users who need to fill out the delisting form.

Since you mentioned that you’ll be using a dynamic IP address, you might be needing a more advanced assistance regarding this matter, this is because the Outlook.com server automatically registers the reputation of the senders whenever receiving emails from an unknown IP addresses. In line with this, we would highly suggest contacting our Office 365 Support team through this link.  

Once you access the link, please type in the summary of your concern and click Get Help. Under the Get more help option, you may choose how do you want our support to contact you. The specialized team has additional tools at their disposal to check your concern, identify what's causing the issue and provide your the best possible recommendation.

If you need more advice from us, you can get back to us by replying to this thread or create a new thread using this link if you have a different concern.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2021 Views 296 Applies to: