Update to Microsoft services agreement email. Scam/phishing email???

I received an email yesterday about updates to Microsft services agreement on 1st May. I went into it and wanted to update ad choices but it wouldnt let me enter using my passowrd so then took me through all the security info etc which was weird ....esp when they asked for my post code! I am concerned this is a scam! Any info anyone?

Your Services Agreement made clearer
You’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover new Microsoft products, services and features.
The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services.
You can read the entire Microsoft Services Agreement here. You can also learn more about these updates on our FAQ page here, including a summary of the most notable changes. The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement will take effect on Ma‍y 1, 20‍18. If you continue to use our products and services on or after Ma‍y 1, 20‍18, you are agreeing to the updated Microsoft Services Agreement.
If you do not agree, you can choose to discontinue using the products and services, and close your Microsoft account before these terms become effective. If you are a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your child’s or teenager’s use of Microsoft products and services, including purchases.
Thank you for using Microsoft products and services.

Question Info

Last updated August 15, 2019 Views 14,005 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

It is a legit email.

However, you should never, ever click on a link in an email. Type in the site's address directly into a browser and login from there.

63 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.