Question

Q: How to remove the preview?

Today when I logged onto Outlook it appears to be in preview mode which I do not like at all.  How do I remove the preview option.  Also since the ads have started appearing on the right side, outlook has slowed down considerably.  How do I remove this option.  When in Outlook I just want to view my mail not be bothered by all of the ads.  There are enough of those unwanted ads in the windows home page.  My most current problem is how do I remove PREVIEW???

[Original title: Outlook preview]

CONTENT COURTESY OF MY PARTNER JMH3143

There is in progress an update to Outlook.com that lets you make the most of the moments that matter to you—featuring a refined inbox, an upgraded calendar and more.

The update being rolled out in Preview,  is the first of many innovations coming as Microsoft upgrades Outlook.com to a new Office 365-based infrastructure. 

There is no returning to what was.

With time & more information you will get used to it..

New ways to get more done in Outlook.com

Welcome to Outlook on the web

Outlook UserVoice,  is an open forum for you to share feedback, recommend features, and vote for the ideas you like best.

Joining the conversation in the updated web experience is easy—just click Feedback under the Gear icon and you can make your suggestion without leaving your inbox.

If you’d like to see and vote on other ideas, you can always visit Outlook.UserVoice.com and sign-in with your Microsoft account.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply to ZigZag:  '. . . you'll get used to it.'  Well, thanks!  And 'with time & information.'  Did I miss the heads up, a bit of time, a little information, before the Outlook Preview suddenly appeared one day? Very inconsiderate and unprofessional, don't you think?  Aside from the way Outlook (Preview) (?) was sprung upon us, there are serious problems with a few features.  For instance, when I started using the calendar, it wouldn't open correctly but rather remained blank.  Then I'd get alerts that "Internet Explorer has stopped working." And the program would quit. Then the pointer would remain "active" throughout the calendar area, no matter what I clicked or tried to do.  This whole Preview phase is rather clumsy and seems to be just a premature release of something that isn't working yet. Also, if it's part of Office 365, that means we're going to have to buy Office 365 whether we want to or not, just to be able to use this new email package. Am I wrong? I hope so. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply to ZigZag  "get use to it"  Well thanks a lot!  Need to retrieve so important deleted e-mails but the screen comes up with nothing listed when screen comes up. Why have that option if it doesn't work.  Also on my tablets you cannot recover deleted files or add a subfolder because you need to right click in order to get these functions.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can not even open my mail with this "preview" mode.  I tried finding the options, to close or open the Reading pane, and did not find that drop down.  This mode of email access is not making my day.

Sorry this didn't help.

same. I'm switching to gmail

Sorry this didn't help.

Good luck.  You will have similar problems.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Sorry this didn't help.

CONTENT COURTESY OF MY PARTNER JMH3143

There is in progress an update to Outlook.com that lets you make the most of the moments that matter to you—featuring a refined inbox, an upgraded calendar and more.

The update being rolled out in Preview,  is the first of many innovations coming as Microsoft upgrades Outlook.com to a new Office 365-based infrastructure. 

There is no returning to what was.

With time & more information you will get used to it..

New ways to get more done in Outlook.com

Welcome to Outlook on the web

Outlook UserVoice,  is an open forum for you to share feedback, recommend features, and vote for the ideas you like best.

Joining the conversation in the updated web experience is easy—just click Feedback under the Gear icon and you can make your suggestion without leaving your inbox.

If you’d like to see and vote on other ideas, you can always visit Outlook.UserVoice.com and sign-in with your Microsoft account.

Bizarre!! And the Microsoft lock icon in the address bar in Outlook Preview keeps changing to the grey triangle with the exclamation point inside it, while the address actually changes too. I've been doing a dance with Microsoft support for three weeks trying to find out why and to get them to fix it. They just keep sending me stupid emails back and no help!

I have the invisible/available problem now too, and don't use Skype. I don't even see anything about Messenger on my page.

Sorry this didn't help.

how is AOL?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 436 Last updated: July 5, 2018 Applies to: