Question

Q: Get rid of Outlook Preview This thread is locked from future replies

Hello,

I would like to go back to the original Hotmail from the Outlook Preview. 

Could someone please let me know how I can do this?

Many thanks,

J

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Basically  you cant

CONTENT COURTESY OF MY PARTNER JMH3143

There is in progress an update to Outlook.com that lets you make the most of the moments that matter to you—featuring a refined inbox, an upgraded calendar and more.

The update being rolled out in Preview,  is the first of many innovations coming as Microsoft upgrades Outlook.com to a new Office 365-based infrastructure. 

There is no returning to what was.

With time & more information you will get used to it..

New ways to get more done in Outlook.com

Welcome to Outlook on the web

Outlook UserVoice,  is an open forum for you to share feedback, recommend features, and vote for the ideas you like best.

Joining the conversation in the updated web experience is easy—just click Feedback under the Gear icon and you can make your suggestion without leaving your inbox.

If you’d like to see and vote on other ideas, you can always visit Outlook.UserVoice.com and sign-in with your Microsoft account.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I would like to go back to the original Hotmail from the Outlook Preview. 

Could someone please let me know how I can do this?

Many thanks,

J

The Outlook Preview is a disaster.  It has taken something easy to use and has changed it into the most difficult, annoying time waster I could ever imagine.  No, I will not get "used to it" or see any great functions with the new format!  Hate it!  If I can't get the mail the way I used to I won't be using it!

RO

Sorry this didn't help.

AS MS is changing all users over that is of course your right.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

Not true at all. I despise Outlook Preview so much that I have opened a Gmail account.  My recommendation is if you cannot revert back to the Hotmail format is stop using that email account.  For Microsoft gives you no choice but to accept their horrible "upgrade"  Or go elsewhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

The new Outlook.com is here to stay. You can't change back to the older version. You either live with it or change to some other service. If you decide to change to some other service, then good luck. Just be aware that services such as Gmail and Yahoo (and others) also make unilateral changes when it suits them.

Sorry this didn't help.

OP

Perhaps you are unaware that this is a peer to peer site staffed mostly by volunteers who have little or no contact with Microsoft.  I volunteer here and on Gmail and guess what you are about to have a new system imposed on you there as well.

Good Luck

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I too am struggling with this new format. My email wont open for me most of the time and when I am lucky enough for it to open when I am finished using it it takes a dozen or more attempts for me to sign out. I have found it so frustrating that I too am considering changing to another service. I dont necessarily want to go back to the older version, just want this one to work properly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

TM

Sorry this didn't help.

Jeez, all these worthless companies: They are not here to provide a continuously improving product; rather, holding one hostage and providing no service is the credo of the times.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well at the moment I have two Hotmail accounts and one account has the original Outlook page but the other has the totally F up page that is the new **** Preview...so there must be something that can be done.

Firstly I would SACK the ID10T who every thought that this change would be for the better! Then return it to the original layout

Sorry this didn't help.

Dont worry your other account will be converted soon.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,482 Last updated: April 18, 2018 Applies to: