How to Sync My Microsoft Account Contact List to my Android Phone with Same Microsoft Account

Hello,

I have a Microsoft account on my Windows 10 laptop, and my calendar and OneDrive sync beautifully to my Android phone with the same Microsoft account; however, I've don't know what's going on with the contact list. Not even sure if it's Outlook, though I think it is. When I first bought the phone and put in my Micro account, all my contacts showed up. Now, however, when I add a contact to my laptop, it does not show up on the phone, and that's even when I  press sync contacts.

I also don't understand when a message pops up on my PC and asks if I want to "merge" contacts.

Can someone please help.

Thanks,

Daffy D

Dear Daffy,

I am an independent advisor, and I am trying to help other users in Community with my experience in Microsoft products.

Could you please specify if you are using Outlook app for Android? If yes please go to Settings > Accounts > select your account and make sure that the sync contacts is enabled.

Also please login here https://outlook.live.com/people/ with your Microsoft Account and check if you can see the contacts online. Please check in Private browsing on your PC.

Please share the results.
Regards,
LA
***I'm an independent advisor and I don't work for Microsoft***

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response. I do have the Outlook app on my Android phone, but I don't know if my contacts are part of that app. I don't need to turn on automatic sync, because I don't mind manually syncing, but after pressing Sync Contacts, it still doesn't work. My OneDrive and Calendar sync automatically, though, and beautifully on time, too.

I can't use the link you provided because I had a very bad experience on this Microsoft Forum years back where someone -- who's still on the forum -- provided a link that asked for my personal info such as passwords, etc., to login into my account, and then my PC was hacked.

Thanks,

Daffy D

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Daffy,

When you open the Outlook app and click on the magnifying glass and you check if you can see the contacts ?

Also have you checked the contacts online ? Do you see them there ?
Regards,
LA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello LA,

Yes, my contacts are both in the Outlook app and online.

Best,

Daffy D

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Daffy,

I have tried to repro this, however even after reinstalling the app, removing and readding the account I can see the contacts. At this point I would suggest you to contact Outlook in app support https://support.office.com/en-us/article/get-in..., so they can investigate this problem
Regards,
LA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 5,857 Applies to: