How can I add professional details that must be show to whom I sent an email?

First observe this example image:

As you can see the above image, this person simply sent me an Email, that's it. We don't know each other and I verified that I don't have any information [ Work Phone, Company, Job title ] in my Outlook contacts list or Address book.

So to say, it means that person [Bukhitiar Ahmad] set this details in his account through whatever Email service provider he is using.

Now, I also want that if I sent someone an email, then that person also able to see my company name, Job title, phone etc. So I created a new Outlook Contact and added my own information. So when I click on my Email info from my account then all the details which I set that is shwoing, but it it not showing if I send mail to Mr.X and Mr.X will open my Email Info.

So How can I do that?

Edit: I forgot to mention that it is saying "Infirmation marked with a star was found in your email", So I copied content from that Bukhtiar Ahmad original Email and sent a new mail from my account to one dummy account. But Details are not being taken from Email signature. Also My linkedIn account is connected with all the details and it is appeared in LinkedIn [outlook.com - Email info - LinkedIn section] as well. But again, it is not showing from my dummy account  [when I click on Email info], even though that dummy account also linked with dummy linkedIn

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Cute,

Assuming you do not work for the same employer (then the info comes from the GAL), the information in the Contact cards comes from email signatures or linkedin. In this example, it appears it likely came from the signature.

--
Diane Poremsky
M365 MVP, specializing in Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 apps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick reply Diane!

Please check the updated question

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

>> sent a new mail from my account to one dummy account.
It is not instant.... sending one message may not update the card for a day or two.

(It's also not always accurate - Outlook.com has Microsoft as the company for my work email address, which is not true.)
--
Diane Poremsky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Waited for 2 days. No changes!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not just a cut and dried "put this in the signature and we'll use it" - scammers would take advantage of it for fraudulent purposes.

I'm not sure how long it takes or if you need multiple messages from the sender. They also have data in the head from the sending mail server which can help verify the company information.
--
Diane Poremsky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Diane.

Point 1: In previous mail, you said it'll take from signature, and it is not happening so you started giving excuses that spammers n all

Point 2: In previous mail, you said it'll take couple of days to reflect it, now your excuses that you're not sure, multiple messages n all (FYI: I already sent multiple messages that time)

So, your suggestions are useless. From next time onwards, first test things from your side and then give the correct information. Do not just play with assumptions. You started wasting my time from first day onwards. Because of you other contirbutors might think that you're helping so others will not interrupt and give their suggestions.

Note for you: If you don't have knowledge, do not reply and spread wrong thing here and there!

Now, I'm expecting others to help me, may be someone from Microsoft side.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I always test things. There is not a countdown on functions on the server that run every xx minutes looking for things to link to the contact cards. But in my test - it took up to 2 days to pull data from the signature (Sr Account Manager – IBM). I sent the first message on Mon 11/2/2020 12:24 AM and a second one about an hour ago. I checked it after about 12 hours and then not again until a few minutes ago.

For what it's worth, this forum is peer-to-peer support. Microsoft doesn't staff the forums. If there is a bug, someone from support might respond, but this is not a bug.
--
Diane Poremsky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Either you've edited the pic or there is a bug.

From my regular microsoft to another recently dummy created account, I sent the same copied [Bukhtiar Ahmad] Email content on 01-Nov-2020 17:47, and after 3 days also it is not showing.

Do you have any comment on this?

And why did you say this: Microsoft doesn't staff the forums

First check the below link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqWhosWho1

Microsoft Agents and Microsoft Employees can reply and help me here. Your support is not required, anyway you've no proper solution. Things won't work on assumptions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you copy just the work details from the signature? I added the fake work info to my signature - I just typed it under my normal signature.

I also had never sent a message to the test mailbox I used. The only messages in that mailbox from my address are the two with the fake info in the signature.

I did another test, this time to my main Outlook.com account - 24 hours and it has not picked up info from my signature yet.
--
Diane Poremsky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer to your question: Yes, I simply copied content and pasted, then sent mail to dummy account

Update:

I confirmed with Microsoft support team. To use this feature, user must have a Microsoft Business Exchange account, Also Perdonal account can't be converted to Business account, not possible with @outlook.com. There is no other way to do so.

But one more thing I noticed that: Information with starred found from Email...[This is showing below that details, right?   And  2 options also showing]

Add to contacts | Don't show again

When I clicked Don't show again, from that time onwareds, for Bukhtiar Ahmad, only Email address is showing instead of with all other address.

So it must be took from Email signature. This thing I got to know after when I End Chat with Microsoft support team, So doubt still persists that What is the logic behind Business account then?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 22, 2024 Views 1,547 Applies to: